typing "d" brings up dialog asking "Do you want to enable Dictation?"

Manny

12 Jan, 2022 03:09 PM

Desktop Goalscape v 2.11.3 on Mac Powerbook running Monteray 11.2 beta

Weirdest thing started happening a couple of days ago... possibly after using the "Check for updates..." menu item — even though it didn't seem to have any update for me.

Whenever I type the letter "d" (only small d, capital D works fine) in any of my goalscape projects, a dialogue pops up asking me "Do you want to enable Dictation".

I've checked my Accessibility and Keyboard prefs, and nothing there seems to be related.

I'd appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks

Manny

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Richard Parslow on 12 Jan, 2022 11:37 PM

Hello Manny

Good to hear from you again – sorry you have had trouble.

Yes, we have heard about that annoying error on some Macs! It is not a bug in Goalscape, it is an error in the keyboard call in the Harman AIR framework, so it affects all similar apps.

Harman has now issued a fix for this error and we are about to issue a new set of updates that will include that fix. In the meantime there is a workaround that you can use:

1. Go to macOS System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts Tab and click Add (+).

2. In the popup panel that appears, set the 'Application' drop-down to All Applications.

3. In Menu Title: Emoji & Symbols, set the Keyboard Shortcut to cmd ⌘ + d (or e or whatever you like).

Once you have done this, the emoji popup will no longer appear when you press 'd' in Goalscape (or in any other application).

If that doesn't work for you, you can use one of the modifiers (ctrl+ or alt+, depending on your machine) with the 'd' – that will make the letter appear.

All the best

Richard

2. 2 Posted by Manny A on 13 Jan, 2022 12:09 AM

Awesome! Thanks Richard.
    Nice to hear from you too!

:)

Manny

Sent from my iPhone

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Richard Parslow on 17 Jan, 2022 06:02 PM

Hi Manny

You will be pleased to know that we have now issued the updates that include the fix for the 'd key issue' that you encountered.

The next time you start the Legacy Goalscape Desktop app (when connected to the internet) you will be prompted to download and install the update (if you do not see that dialog box, please check that it is not hidden behind the main application window – or click Goalscape Desktop > Check for Updates).

Any time you want to migrate to the new world of the web app you can buy a Yearly or Monthly subscription and transfer your goalscapes.

Keep achieving great goals!

Richard

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Goalscape please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac