Trying to connect to my Subscription

Paul Schucack

03 Dec, 2014 05:02 AM

I am trying to connect to my Subscription paid months ago. I have corresponded with Goalscape and Samsung. I have a recent version of Flash on my android device. I have tried Dolphin, latest Chrome & Firefox browsers, but to no avail. Can anyone let me know when there will be a Goalscape I can use?

Thanks,
Paul Schuback

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Richard Parslow on 03 Dec, 2014 09:01 AM

Hello Paul

Yes – as discussed previously here, Goalscape Connect is a Flash application that runs in all major browsers on Windows or Mac desktops and laptops.

Unfortunately Adobe stopped developing Flash Player for Android, so there is no version of it for later Android versions (after 4.0).

You should however be able to access Goalscape Connect on Android tablets if you use the Flashfox browser. There are two versions of Flashfox – a free one (with lots of ads) and a Pro version that costs $2.99 but comes without ads.

Note though that double-clicking the goal map (to Focus View) may cause problems: you will need to use the Goal Edit menu options for this and other functions (rather than the right-click context menu options).

You may also be able to use the free Puffin browser on your Android device.

Note though that the tablet screen must be large enough to allow proper display and use of the Goalscape UI – and you need to use landscape screen orientation.

Please post again to let us know how you get on! Please include details of the device used and screen size.

I confirm that we are very close to releasing a beta version of a new Goalscape Mobile app for Android and iOS phones – this will be a companion app for Goalscape Connect showing current projects, goals and tasks in a text hierarchy format.

We are also working on a 'full native' version for Android tablets, which will show the full Goalscape 'goal map' UI, which we may release next year.

All the best

Richard

2. 2 Posted by paulschuback on 03 Dec, 2014 12:17 PM

Hello Richard,

My device is: Samsung sm-p905 pro_Android 4.4.2_ screen309mm/12.2"_ with extra twch info attached.

We have lift off! Mandala is kind of executable, however I need a magafying glass to read column text (attached), and the floating keyboard responsiveness is very slow. Not really usable.

Thanks,
    Paul Schuback

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Richard Parslow on 03 Dec, 2014 12:27 PM

Hello Paul

It appears that you are trying to use it in Portrait format (tall) – please try using Landscape orientation (wide).

Best

Richard

4. 4 Posted by Paul Schuback on 18 Jan, 2020 11:11 AM

Hello Dear Goalscape,

BIND.
    I believe I have got myself into a bind with so many attempts to use
    goalscape on my android phone.

This is because although I always use my real first name, and sometimes
    middle name -

There are too many different correct name bariations and email variations.
    And none of the combinations trying to resolve the situation are successful.

DELETION?
    Is it possible to delete my many attempted sign-in name and password
    combinations please?....To enable me to start afresh?

But?
    I would really like yhe straight-forwardness and simplicity of being to be
    able to use Goalscape without flash.
    Will this ever be possible please?

Also?
    I would really like to remain with Android OS and Samsung devices.
    Will this ever be possible please?

COLOURS
    I appreciate that one may select different colours on the goalscape
    mandala.

Sincerely,
    Paul James Schuback
    18 - Jan - 2020

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Richard Parslow on 18 Jan, 2020 12:16 PM

Hello Paul

Yes: you appear to have at least 9 Goalscape accounts. Please note that Goalscape accounts are uniquely identified by email address as username: the 'real name' you used when you registered is irrelevant.

If you can tell us which account you want to keep and which ones you want to delete, we will be happy to help.

Please note though that the current position is the same as when you contacted us before: Goalscape Online still requires Adobe Flash Player, which means you cannot use it on an Android device unless you use the Puffin browser (search Google Play for 'Puffin').

You can also use the Goalscape Mobile companion app, which presents your goal hierarchy as an indented text list (like Tree View in the main application). You can find Goalscape Mobile on Google Play too.

You will be pleased to know that we are indeed moving away from dependence on Flash and the browser: we are developing Goalscape 3.0 as a fully functional cross-platform web app using html5 and Javascript, along with technologies like Web Components.

Watch out for announcements...

All the best!

Richard

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Goalscape please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac