New machine - Desktop version

25 Apr, 2017 12:40 PM

I have downloaded the desktop version on my new computer. While downloading I activated it with the password I received when i bought the desktop version on my old machine in 2015. The installation worked, but my projects/goals are not visible at all on my new machine! It's LOTS of job to input everything manually!

Before I downloaded it on my new machine, I tried to sign in online on your website with the same password. Then I just got an old version of my project!

I don't want to uninstall it on my old machine before I see that I really get the updated version on my projects on my new machine.

Please help

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Richard Parslow on 25 Apr, 2017 01:07 PM

Hello Jon-Tore

Good to hear from you again – thanks for your inquiry.

Goalscape Desktop is standalone desktop software. It works exactly like other desktop applications such as Microsoft Word or Excel: all the software and data are on your local machine. So when you use Goalscape Desktop on a new machine, you will need to copy all your .gsp files from your old machine – in the same way that you need to copy your .docx and .xlsx files from the old machine to the new one. You should be able to do this easily by copying the entire Documents folder across via an external hard drive.

Goalscape Online is a separate (yet compatible) web application. It works exactly like other web applications such as Gmail or Facebook: all the software and data are 'in the cloud' (on secure servers). This means that you can access your Goalscape Online projects from any computer anywhere in the world. There are more details in the attached pdf.

The free Unlimited subscription to Goalscape Online that you received with your Goalscape Desktop lifetime licence expired last year (January 2016) and your Online account reverted to Free user. So you can sign in here and create (or upload) a new project (30 goals maximum) and share it with others; your existing projects are View only.

If you want to regain full access to Goalscape Online (to create, upload, access, update and share multiple projects of unlimited size on any computer anywhere in the world) you can upgrade your Free account to Unlimited for just $6 per month or $66 per year here.

If there is anything else you need to know please post again.

Keep achieving great goals!

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Goalscape please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac