MacBook Pro - suggests the installer is a bad file

Spike

31 May, 2017 08:37 PM

The following is the message I get every time a I try to install Goalscape

The application could not be installed because the installer file is damaged. Try obtaining a new installer file from the application author.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Richard Parslow on 31 May, 2017 08:55 PM

Hello Spike

Sorry you have been having trouble.

I confirm that I have already escalated this to the development team and we will post here with any news.

In the meantime you can use the web application Goalscape Online – sign in with your Goalscape credentials. You have a valid Unlimited subscription so you have access to the full functionality.

When we have fixed the issue with your Goalscape Desktop installation you will be able to download all your Online projects as .gsp files and open them in Goalscape Desktop.

Once again I am very sorry for this most unusual error. Thanks for your patience and cooperation here.

Richard

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Richard Parslow on 31 May, 2017 11:00 PM

Hello Spike

Quick update: we have identified the cause of the error and we are working urgently on a fix. We will post again as soon as it is ready to download.

Thanks again for taking the time to report this problem.

Best

Richard

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Richard Parslow on 01 Jun, 2017 03:42 PM

Hello Spike

We have fixed the certification issue that was causing the download error.

Please try the download again: you can use the Install badge here or the Download Goalscape Desktop link in Step 2 on the How to install page.

If you see an OS message referring to an 'unidentified developer', go to  > System Preferences > Security and click the 'Open Anyway' button.

If you used Goalscape Online to create any projects and you want to open them in Goalscape Desktop, you will need to download them as .gsp files:

1. Sign in to Goalscape Online

2. For each project you want to download, click its tab to select it

3. Click the 'down from the cloud' button at the top of the screen (see screenshot) and Save the .gsp file somewhere on your hard drive

4. Start Goalscape Desktop and use File > Open to open your project.

Note that there is no automatic sync between Goalscape Desktop and Goalscape Online. If you re-upload any projects (.gsp files) that you have updated in Goalscape Desktop, that will create a new instance of that project, so you will need to do your own version control.

If there is anything else you need please post again.

Keep achieving great goals!

Richard

4. 4 Posted by Spike Edwards on 01 Jun, 2017 07:08 PM

Thank you

Great Job

Spike

5. Richard Parslow closed this discussion on 01 Jun, 2017 07:51 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Goalscape please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac