PDF Reports

Daniel

15 Jun, 2017 11:34 AM

Hi,

I am a new user so this may be an error on my part. I am trying to pull off a PDF report but when I do so, it does not show progress or comments.

Help would be appreciated! I am using Goalscape connect with Google Chrome.

Thanks.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Richard Parslow on 15 Jun, 2017 01:01 PM

Hello Daniel

Sorry you have been having trouble – thanks for taking the time to contact us.

When you download a PDF report direct (using Download As > Download PDF report) it should contain all the attribute information by default – including Progress and any Notes and Comments (note that the Comments text appears below Notes text: it has a subheader 'Chat back-up'.

With very large projects, it might take a long time to download the PDF Report, so you can 'pre-edit' it in Report Options to reduce the processing time. You can choose to download only a specific section of your project (using Focus View) or only specific levels; and you can select which attribute details you want to include.

To do this:

1. Click 'Download As' > Show Report Options

2. Select the leftmost PDF icon ('PDF report')

3. In the sidebar on the right, make your selections: the default is to download the full project and all the attribute information on every goal. See the first screenshot.

Is it possible that you have unchecked the Progress and Notes attributes here?

4. If you wish, you can 'Generate [a] full preview' to see how the goal map image will appear on the title page of your report – and the total number of pages. You can change your selections and generate a new preview before you Export your report. See second screenshot.

If this is not working for you, please check that you do indeed have some Progress and Comments on the goals in your project(!) and, if you are using Report Options, that those attributes are selected. If so, and those attributes are still not appearing in your exported PDF report, please post a copy of the PDF report here and Share your Online project with [email blocked] (with Admin access) – if it contains confidential information we can sign any NDA you may require; and of course you can always delete us from the collaborator list later.

All the best

Richard

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Goalscape please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac