I can't upgrade Goalscape desktop

06 Jul, 2017 03:39 PM

Hey There

I have been having issues upgrading my purchased Goalscape desktop app. I am upgrading from 2.8.3 to 2.9.2

As I keep trying to install I recieve this message:
The application cannot be installed due to a certificate problem. The certificate does not match the installed application certificate, does not support application upgrades, or is invalid. Please contact the application author.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Richard Parslow on 06 Jul, 2017 04:50 PM

Hello Nigel

Sorry you have been having trouble.

There is definitely nothing wrong with the Goalscape Desktop installer file and the application itself is double-certificated. The error message you are seeing indicates that the error is most likely to be due to a problem with the AIR installation on your machine (which is the case for nearly all download, installation and activation errors).

The first thing to do is to uninstall and reinstall Goalscape Desktop and Adobe AIR. Unfortunately the latest version of Adobe AIR (26) has an error that affects the use of Drag and Drop in all AIR applications (not just Goalscape Desktop), so you will need to use the previous version (25).

The steps are:

1. Uninstall Goalscape Desktop. This will not affect any of your existing Desktop projects (.gsp files), stored in your Documents area.

2. Uninstall Adobe AIR: on a Mac, rather than simply dragging its icon to Trash, you need to use the special 'Adobe AIR Uninstaller' application – this is usually in Applications > Utilities.

3. Restart your machine.

4. Go to the Adobe AIR archive (https://helpx.adobe.com/air/kb/archived-air-sdk-version.html), download 'Adobe AIR Mac (20.3 MB)' and run the .dmg file to install it.

5. Download and install the latest version of Goalscape Desktop from our Install page

If that does not work for you, the most likely cause is a Registry error, so you will need to clear your Registry. The steps to do this are here

You will be pleased to know that we are working on a captive runtime version of Goalscape Desktop that will make it independent of the local AIR environment.

Keep achieving great goals!

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Richard Parslow on 14 Jul, 2017 04:39 PM

Hello Nigel

Adobe has just issued a fix for the issue in AIR that was affecting Drag and Drop in Goalscape Desktop (among other applications).

You can now update to the latest version – download it here.

If you need anything else please post again.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Goalscape please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac