Goalscape error

Laura

11 Jan, 2018 09:34 AM

HI,

I'm having problems viewing some text on a project I'm currently working on. I'm trying to add comments for quarter 3 but cannot see the comments from quarter 1 or 2. They appear randomly when I click on the goal and then when I add another tab disappear straight away. The text I have added to Q3 appears to have been copied across to a number of goals?? Help! I don't want to lose any of the text from the previous quarters and I'm now worrying they text I have just written has replaced it?

Laura

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Richard Parslow on 11 Jan, 2018 11:02 AM

Hi Laura

Sorry you have been having trouble.

The first thing to do is to check that you have the latest Adobe Flash Player](http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer) installed and activated in your browser. If you are using the Chrome browser (which uses its own FP plugin), you may need to update to the latest version of the browser itself (depending on your OS settings, Chrome may not update automatically). If that does not work please try clearing your cache and restarting your browser.

If that does not work please post again to confirm:

• Your Operating System and version (eg 'Windows 10')

• Your browser and the version of Adobe Flash Player that you have installed (you can see this if you mouseover the 'Goalscape' logo at top left of the Goalscape Online screen).

NB we recommend Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome – and Chrome uses its own Flash plugin which means it is always up to date.

All the best

Richard

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Richard Parslow on 11 Jan, 2018 11:11 AM

Hi Laura

Quick follow-up: you should definitely not be losing any data (text previously entered in other goals): the issue is with the view you are seeing. So if you refresh the browser page you will see the latest version of the project as stored on our server (with all your previous text in place).

Please could you also confirm whether the issue is with text entered in the Notes, additional Custom Notes tabs or Comments – or some other field (eg Custom Notes tab titles).

Best

Richard

3. 3 Posted by Williams, Laura on 11 Jan, 2018 12:55 PM

HI Richard,

I'm in and out of the office now so will try again when I'm back in next week and come back to you if I'm still having issues.

Thanks for your help

Laura

Laura Williams
    Senior Sport Development Officer
    Sport Cardiff
    College House
    Cyncoed Campus
    CF23 6XD

Tel: 02920205281
    Mob: 07973451596

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Richard Parslow on 11 Jan, 2018 03:24 PM

Hi Laura

OK, understood.

If you hit the same error please try (in this order)

1. Refresh the browser page

2. Ensure you have the latest Adobe Flash Player installed and activated in your browser

3. Sign out, clear your cache, restart the browser and sign in again.

4. Try Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome

If none of that works, please post again to confirm the field that is affected (Notes, Custom Notes, etc) – and the OS and browser details (see my previous message).

Note too that while you are out and about you can use the free Goalscape Mobile app (for all Android and iOS phones and tablets): it syncs with Goalscape Online to display your projects and goals in an indented text hierarchy (like the Goal List in the main application). Updates made in the Mobile app are of course reflected in the main Goalscape Online app – note though that if you change a goal name you need to press Enter/Return after entering text.

Best

Richard

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Goalscape please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac