Tried to upgrade Goalscape desktop from 2.8.3 to 2.9.6

Chris Radford

30 May, 2018 09:59 AM

I got this error message.
The application cannot be installed due to a certificate problem. The certificate does not match the installed application certificate, does not support application upgrades, or is invalid. Please contact the application author.

Can you advise me what might be wrong?

Chris

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Richard Parslow on 30 May, 2018 10:04 AM

Hello Chris

Sorry you have had trouble.

Goalscape Desktop is (and always has been) fully certificated: that message referring to a 'certificate error' is misleading – it actually indicates that there is a problem with the Adobe AIR environment on your machine.

The solution is to do the 'uninstall and reinstall Goalscape Desktop and Adobe AIR' fix: the instructions for doing this are on our Known Issues page.

If that does not work for you, the most likely reason is that you are trying to update from a very old version – and the old Registry information on your hard drive may be interfering with the new installation. In that case you will also need to clear your Registry by following the instructions on our Knowledge Base.

I confirm that you have spare permissions available on your account in case you need to (re)Activate your Goalscape Desktop installation.

Keep achieving great goals!

Richard

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Goalscape please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac