Breadcrumb and arrow key navigation is wrong

and78386

26 Jul, 2018 10:40 AM

There's something wrong when using the breadcrumb or arrow key navigations: with arrow up key it should navigate one level up, but it navigates two levels up instead. Same with breadcrumb navigation: when clicking on a breadcrump entry it should navigate to this level, but instead it navigates another level up. Could this be fixed?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Richard Parslow on 26 Jul, 2018 01:00 PM

Hello Andreas

Sorry you have had trouble.

We cannot reproduce either of the errors you have reported: navigation using cursor keys and breadcrumbs is working as expected in all our tests. I can also confirm that we have not heard from anyone else experiencing a similar problem.

Please could you confirm whether the issue you are encountering is in Goalscape Desktop or Goalscape Online.

Note that nearly all errors in Desktop are due to an issue with the local Adobe AIR environment. So the first thing to try is the 'uninstall and reinstall Goalscape Desktop and Adobe AIR' fix: step-by-step instructions are on our Known Issues page.

Similarly, most errors in Online are due to a Flash or browser issue. So the first thing to do is to ensure that you have the latest Adobe Flash Player installed and enabled in your browser. We also recommend Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome – and Chrome uses its own Flash plugin so it is always up to date.

If problems persist, please post again with the following details:

• Make and model of your computer

• Operating System and version

• For Desktop: installed versions of Goalscape Desktop and Adobe AIR (you can see these if you mouseover the 'Goalscape' logo at top left)

• For Online:

• Browser(s) and version(s) you have tried
      • Installed version of Adobe Flash Player (you can see this if you mouseover the 'Goalscape' logo at top left of the Online screen).
      • How you connect to the internet (direct Ethernet/WiFi or via a LAN).

All the best

Richard

2. 2 Posted by and78386 on 26 Jul, 2018 01:44 PM

I'm using Goalscape Desktop 2.9.6.

Look at my screens: Screen1 is my main map. Screen2 is zoomed in on Element1. Arrow up key leads me to Screen3, instead of Screen4.

Is this an Adobe Air issue?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Richard Parslow on 26 Jul, 2018 03:33 PM

Hello Andreas

Thanks for the clarification.

It appears that you want to select and focus on the Parent when you are in Focus View. To do this you can use any of the following methods:

• Double-click the central goal

• Use the right-click menu option 'Focus View On Parent Goal' (you can right-click anywhere in the goal map to use this option)

• Select the central goal and use the Goal Edit menu option 'Focus View On Parent Goal'

The 'Up' cursor key and clicking the 'breadcrumb' link allow you to select the parent, whatever View you are in. When are in Focus View and you use the Up cursor key or click the breadcrumb link for the parent, it will select the parent and display the 'main view' (of the entire project): it is not intended to support both selection of the goal and enforcing the same Focus View. So what you have described is expected behavior.

Based on your feedback here we may change this in the future! For now though, to select and Focus on the parent you will need to use one of the options listed above.

All the best

Richard

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Goalscape please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac