display

Pierre

13 Jan, 2020 05:30 AM

Hi,

I use Goaslcape desktop on my laptop on daily basis.

However, when working from home on the same laptop, my Goaslcape doesn't launch and I can see no window on the desktop.
Using the task view mode of my laptop to look at which software are open, Goaslcape's window appears white with no possibilities to click on it.
I use different display configurations between the office (2 screens) and home (one screen + laptop) and Goalscape is the only software I cannot launch at home.

Please, can you help me with this?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Richard Parslow on 13 Jan, 2020 09:44 AM

Hello Pierre

Sorry you have had trouble.

The issue you describe certainly seems like a Display issue, since that is apparently the only difference in the two environments (office and home). So the first thing to investigate whether you can make Goalscape Desktop work correctly using your laptop's built-in screen. If it does work with the built-in screen, you will need to check your OS settings when you select the other screen.

If Goalscape Desktop does not work correctly using the laptop's built-in screen, or If you cannot find a way to make it work with the separate screen at home, the most likely cause is an issue with your local Adobe AIR environment. So first ensure that you have the latest Adobe AIR installed. If that does not work, please do the 'uninstall and reinstall Goalscape Desktop and AIR' fix: full step-by-step instructions for doing this are on our Known Issues page.

Should problems persist, please post again with the following details:

• Confirmation of whether this is an old issue or a new one; and if it is a new one, what changed immediately before the issue arose (eg if it started occurring after the latest update)

• Make and model of your computer

• Operating System and version (eg 'Windows 10')

• Installed versions of Adobe AIR and Goalscape Desktop (you can see both if you mouseover the 'Goalscape' logo at top left of the Desktop screen.

All the best

Richard

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Goalscape please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac