KEYBOARD

GIULIANO

14 Nov, 2021 11:20 AM

Hi, when I push lette E o letter D appears emoticons or microfone.

It's a problem for me, can you help me please?

I tried to reinstall the software but no results.

Thanks bye

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Richard Parslow on 14 Nov, 2021 01:01 PM

Hello Giuliano

Sorry you have had trouble.

This is not a bug in Goalscape itself; it is in the Harman AIR framework, which means that it affects all Mac applications that use that framework – even those that (like Goalscape) do not support the use of emojis. Harman has now issued a fix for this, which we will incorporate into next updates for the Goalscape Desktop and Goalscape Online apps.

In the meantime there is a workaround that you can use:

1. Go to macOS System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts Tab and click Add (+).

2. In the popup panel that appears, set the 'Application' drop-down to All Applications.

3. In Menu Title: Emoji & Symbols, set the Keyboard Shortcut to cmd ⌘ + e (or d or whatever you like).

Once you have done this, the emoji popup will no longer appear when you press 'e' in Goalscape (or in any other application).

Keep achieving great goals!

Richard

2. 2 Posted by Giuliano Gaiba on 24 Nov, 2021 09:42 AM

Thanks for your help.

I tried to make the actions you told me but unfortunately aren’t correct.

When you think can arrive the new version of Goalscape?

The problem is only in Goalscape, not in other programs.

Thank you for you attention.

Bye

GG

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Richard Parslow on 24 Nov, 2021 03:49 PM

Hello Giuliano

Sorry you are still having trouble; and that the workaround did not work for you. We will shortly issue an update for Goalscape Desktop and Goalscape Online that will contain the Harman fix (please note that all Harman AIR applications are affected by this bug, not just ours). This will be available via the Autoupdate facility.

In the meantime, using the 'Ctrl' or 'Alt' modifier with the 'e' key will make the letter appear.

You will also be pleased to know that we have already delivered the new Goalscape web app – and that the annoying 'e' error definitely does not occur there! We are going to announce it publicly very soon – however you can get a sneak preview here: https://goalscape.app.

When you login on the new Goalscape web app you will kick off a new Free Trial of the software, with full functionality. And you can easily see what your existing Desktop projects look like in the 'new world' by uploading them in the Home screen (see the attached screenshot, or the video + instructions here).

Should you want to switch to the new web app we are offering all existing Goalscapers the chance to purchase a year's subscription at the old price. To take advantage of this offer, follow the instructions here (fro your Free Trial account click 'Upgrade here', then choose the Yearly option (USD, EUR or GBP) and Apply the Coupon SPEC2021PRICE.

Keep achieving great goals!

Richard

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Goalscape please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac