Replace goalscape logo?

James

12 Apr, 2013 06:45 PM

I want to use goalscape within my work environment and want to get as much buy in as possible to this great tool - As a minimum, can I remove the goalscape logo or ideally add our own company logo?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Richard Parslow on 12 Apr, 2013 07:46 PM

Hello James

Thanks for your inquiry – and for your advocacy of Goalscape!

Yes, you can indeed add your own company logo to the screen in Goalscape Desktop and in Goalscape Connect. The steps are:

1. Click Preferences (the wrench icon at top right of the screen)

2. In the Logo section click 'Choose'

3. Select the image file (PNG or JPG) that contains your company's logo from its folder location on your hard drive

4. Click 'Apply' (for Goalscape Desktop) or 'Upload' (for Goalscape Connect)

5. If you want to apply the same logo to all your projects (except those that already have a logo), check the selection box on the right of the Logo section

6. Close the Preferences screen.

If you need anything else please post again.

Enjoy the journey!

Richard
    PS Incidentally your message here went into our spam filter – hence the delay in responding. You can avoid this happening in future by creating an account on this forum by clicking the 'Create a Profile' link. You will be logged in automatically when you visit the forum and you will be able to see a list of all your discussions (as well as being able to access all the public ones posted by others) – and your messages will never be misidentified as spam.

2. 2 Posted by James on 14 Apr, 2013 04:00 AM

I have tried several times to post the below response to the thread - http://goalscape.tenderapp.com/discussions/questions/16022-replace-goalscape-logo

I am not sure what I doing wrong - I hope it does not post several times when it does come through! Anyway, here is what I am trying to post:

Thanks Richard,

I followed your advice (both forum login and logo change) - Thank you.

The key thing for me - and aligned with one of the other forum postings is that I remove as many barriers as possible to maximise support at an Exec level - Can we remove, or ideally change the title "Goalscape report" from the outputs? I know it seems like a small thing but it really would increase the chances of broader adoption if I could rename the reports to something like "Progress report" or "Status report" etc.

Regards,

James

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Richard Parslow on 14 Apr, 2013 11:18 AM

Hello James

Yes – all your messages are still going into the spam filter! After you registered on the forum you will have received an email: you need to click the link in that email to confirm your email address and complete your registration here. I have deleted your duplicate messages.

To answer your question about the Goalscape logo in the exported report: we are indeed considering changing the title page layout and contents. In the meantime you can edit your DOCX report to replace our logo with yours – and if you want a PDF copy, you can use the Save As PDF facility in Word to generate a PDF version.

Thanks again for taking the time to post your suggestion. We have also published an online survey where you can comment on some proposed new features and suggest your own ideas. We always listen to our customers: responses on the Survey (and posts here) directly influence our development priorities and work schedule.

Enjoy the journey!

Richard

4. 4 Posted by James on 14 Apr, 2013 03:17 PM

Hello Richard,

Thanks for your response - I did select the hyperlink on the attached email and even though it says I am registered to join the forums, it still doesn't let me post - Whether or not I enter the security words each time I post (although I did thought that was the whole point of registering so did not bother this time)

If you would help set me up on the forums that would be a great help - I would like to provide feedback and get the most out of the forums.

Regards,

James

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Richard Parslow on 14 Apr, 2013 04:58 PM

Hello James

Sorry you are still having trouble registering with this Tender Customer Forum.

To help us investigate please could you provide the following additional information:

1. What exactly happens when you click the link in the confirmation email you received? (Screenshots would be useful)

2. Have you signed in to your account on Tender using the username and password you registered when you created your Profile here? (See attached screenshot of the Tender log-in screen.)

3. When you say "it still doesn't let me post", please could you confirm whether you are trying to post using the Reply box on this discussion here or by Replying to the email notifications you are receiving?

Depending on your answers to the above questions I will escalate this to Tender.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation here.

Richard

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Richard Parslow on 06 May, 2013 05:05 PM

Hi James

Quick follow-up: we have changed the Title page in exported PDF and DOCX reports so it shows the Main Goal name at the top, rather than the word 'Goalscape'.

Here is a Preview copy of Goalscape Desktop for you to test. Download this .air installer file to your hard drive (you may need to enforce the '.air' suffix when you Save, as some OS try to change it to '.zip'!) and run it with a double-click. It will install seamlessly over your existing version of Goalscape Desktop; and when we release the next Public Update, that will install over this one.

If you wish to revert to the Public version at any time, you can download it here.

Please post again to let us know if this works for you.

Best

Richard

7. 7 Posted by James on 07 May, 2013 05:55 AM

Hello Richard,

Just tried to open this on my work PC and although the zip file seems to be ok, when I open the unzipped folder the Goalscape Desktop installer seems to be a shockwave flash (swf) object rather than .air and will not open with any program I have installed.

I tried just adding a .air suffix thinking this might force the file to associate with adobe air but this did not work I have Goalscape on my machine but I must admit the last version needed IT team assistance to do something.

I use Windows XP at work.

Any ideas?

Regards,

James

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by Richard Parslow on 07 May, 2013 10:31 AM

Hello James

The file I posted here is NOT a zip file, it is an AIR installer file. As I mentioned, some OS try to change the suffix to '.zip' during the download, so you need to enforce the '.air' suffix when you Save it. Then you can run it simply by double-clicking it.

I have merged your reply here (which was from a different email address) with your original discussion. As you requested separately I have also removed your details (even though this is a Private discussion, inaccessible to anyone else).

All the best

Richard

9. 9 Posted by James on 08 May, 2013 10:08 PM

Hi Richard,

Thanks for clarifying both points - I am a newbie to forum postings so didn't know this was private but thanks for removing my details all the same.

Installed file and tested PDF and word versions - All working fine for my needs - Thankyou.

I did spot one oddity with sub goals % complete visual not flowing through to central visual progress. Not sure if this has always been the case but I have never noticed before now...I will check on my home install

Regards,

James

10. Support Staff 10 Posted by Richard Parslow on 08 May, 2013 11:38 PM

Hi James

Great, glad it is all working OK for you now.

You said "sub goals % complete visual not flowing through to central visual progress". If you are referring to the progress shading, it certainly should appear in the central goal (see attached screenshot). If that is not how it appears for you, please post here with a screenshot or the exported PDF itself.

All the best!

Richard

11. 11 Posted by James on 15 Sep, 2013 01:54 AM

Hello Richard,

Are you still developing / enhancing Goalscape? I notice the latest version did not include the changes you made in the r3145 version you have here.

Would you confirm if you intend to? I prefer having my own titles on reports but want to ensure I continue to have all the other features you release...

I look forward to hearing from you.

James

12. Support Staff 12 Posted by Richard Parslow on 15 Sep, 2013 07:30 AM

Hello James

Yes, we are indeed continuing to enhance Goalscape!

The feature you are requesting here will be in the next Updates for Goalscape Desktop (due out very soon) and is in fact already in the online version Goalscape Connect.

All the best!

Richard

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Goalscape please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac