Email integration

Tommy Payne

05 Sep, 2013 09:51 AM

This comment was split from the discussion: Education version

Hi again!

I would like to ask for a function to mark the background in separate goals with colours. Does this function excist? Can only find a way to change colours on letters / frames.

This will be very handy regarding vizualising specific details.

Mvh

Tommy Payne

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Richard Parslow on 05 Sep, 2013 09:53 AM

Hello Tommy

Thanks for your suggestion – I have split this from your previous discussion since it is about a different subject.

We call what you are asking for 'full colour-fill'; and I confirm that we are indeed considering extending the existing goal colouring facility.

To add extra 'dimensions' to the information in your Goalscape projects you can also use goal marking (click on the down arrow in the Goal Edit bar – see attached screenshot) or the Tag and Highlight feature (explanatory video here).

We have published an online Survey where you can comment on some proposed new features and add your own suggestions. We always listen to our customers and the opinions in the Survey (and posted on this forum) directly influence our development priorities and scheduling.

Enjoy the journey!

Richard

Hi again!

I would like to ask for a function to mark the background in separate goals with colours. Does this function excist? Can only find a way to change colours on letters / frames.

This will be very handy regarding vizualising specific details.

Mvh

Tommy Payne

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Richard Parslow on 05 Sep, 2013 10:25 AM

Oops – here is the screenshot omitted from my previous post.

3. 3 Posted by Tommy Payne on 17 Sep, 2013 09:16 AM

This comment was split into a new discussion: Full colour-fill

Hi again!

Would like a feature where i can integrate email-conversations in goals. This to use as an internal tool while working on projects. Any possibilities? Now I copy / paste different subjects, but would be great to go back and look at the exact conversation.

Mvh

Tommy Payne
    Læringsmiljøkonsulent
    Studie- og forskningsenheten
    MOB: 95 19 81 40
    TLF: 69 60 88 96

[cid:[email blocked]] <http://www.hiof.no/>
    <http://www.hiof.no/>

5. sep. 2013 kl. 12:25 skrev Richard Parslow <[email blocked]<mailto:[email blocked]>>:

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Richard Parslow on 17 Sep, 2013 11:53 AM

Hello Tommy

Thanks for your inquiry.

If you use a web email client like Gmail or Hotmail you can link to the URL of a specific email in your Notes on any goal.

If you are working in a team on a shared project you may have encountered an issue where someone sends a single email to many recipients that covers several different areas of concern (not all of which will be relevant to everyone on the To list). This causes split tracks, where lots of different different people Reply All, each covering a specific aspect. This leads to confusion and can make some people miss parts of the multi-strand conversation that are important to them.

The web application Goalscape Connect is the ideal solution to this problem. Not only can everyone involved access and update the shared online project, there is also a Goal Chat facility: per goal Instant Messaging with inline attachments and email notifications. This means that Chats (and email threads generated from Chats) are always about a single aspect of the project. And you can select for email notification only those people who are concerned with that goal. So this immediately clarifies communications. When someone receives an email notification they can Reply to that email: their message will appear as a Chat on that goal and the others in the email notification list for that goal will receive a copy. And the emails contain a link to the goal, so anyone who wants to see the context for the email can click it and go to the goal in Goalscape Connect to see its parent and neighbours – and of course the Chat history on that goal is an archive of all previous discussions on that goal.

So as well as supporting all the goal management functionality for a project, Goalscape Connect also acts as a "visual filing system" for all your emails on that project!

See also the attached 'Goalscape Connect summary' PDF.

Best

Richard

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Richard Parslow on 18 Sep, 2013 12:01 AM

Hello Tommy

I noticed a message from you in our spam filter but when I went to restore it, it had disappeared. Please could you re-post it here or, if it is about a different issue or suggestion, create a new discussion for it.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Richard
    PS You can avoid your messages being misidentified as spam in future by creating an account on this forum, just click the 'Create a Profile' link at the top of every page. When you complete your Goalscape Forum registration and log in, you will be able to see a list of all your discussions (as well as being able to access all the public ones posted by others).

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Goalscape please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac