How do I "move" a desktop activation?

Stephen Rea

01 Dec, 2013 03:42 AM

Gentlemen,

I recently subscribed to Goalscape and had no problem activating the desktop application of the first two PCs I use. On the third, it tells me that it can't activate with supplied credentials, which I know are correct. I'm guessing then that the license limits desktop activations to two PCs? Can I request a third or fourth (all my PCs running under my user account only) or would I need to buy more licenses? If additional licenses are not free, can you tell me how I'd "move" an activation? If I'm limited to two, I'd MUCH rather have the second on a different machine...

Thanks for the help!

Stephen Rea
[email blocked]

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Richard Parslow on 01 Dec, 2013 12:18 PM

Hello Stephen

Yes, the Goalscape Desktop perpetual single-user licence allows you to install and activate the software on two machines concurrently – as stated in paragraph 1.1 of the EULA that you accepted on each installation (copy here). Your latest activation (on November 28) was your second.

To save you time right now we have given you an extra permission on your account so you can go ahead and activate another installation – so we will have to trust you to uninstall Goalscape Desktop from of the other computers where you have already activated the software.

If you wish to continue to use Goalscape Desktop on 3 or 4 machines you can purchase another license.

Alternatively you can use the web application Goalscape Connect (your Goalscape Desktop license includes a free 6-month subscription, which expires in May next year). You can upload your Desktop goalscapes as online projects and sign in to Goalscape Connect on any computer, anywhere in the world to access and update them. And of course there is no limit to the number of computers you can use to do this.

When you upgrade (or reconfigure) your equipment in future you can uninstall Goalscape Desktop from one of your old machines to free up an activation to use on the new (or reconfigured) computer.

Enjoy the journey!

Richard

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Goalscape please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac