View only subgoals

Sandra

04 Dec, 2013 09:43 AM

Is there any way to view only subgoals? There is an arrow that collapses the subgoals so you can view only goals. But it doesn't work the other way round. I cannot collapse the goals so I can only view the subgoals level. Is there a way to do this? My goals are pretty big and I want to focus on the smaller subgoals first, but I can't find a way to view them separately, I can only focus on one subgoal at a time and I want to focus on all of them, from each goal. Is there a workaround?

Thanks

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Richard Parslow on 04 Dec, 2013 12:03 PM

Hello Sandra

Thanks for your inquiry.

Goalscape is visual goal management software that helps you to create a top-down goal structure for any project, set relative importances and schedule work appropriately, then track your progress as you complete tasks (the bottom-level subgoals).

The Collapse Levels function is to maximise clarity (and legibility of goal names) of the higher level goals in larger goalscapes that may have many levels, maintaining the view of your priorities.

You can use Focus View to 'zoom in' and see the detail on any subgoal area, while maintaining the essential context for the bottom-level subgoals in that area.

From what you say, it appears that you want to work your way through a task list. Goalscape is really to help people to "escape the tyranny of the to-do list" (see William Reed's article here). Nevertheless you can produce your own task lists using the Export/Download to XLSX function (File > Export > XLSX Document in Goalscape Desktop; Download As > XLSX Document in Goalscape Connect). You can open your exported XLSX in Excel (or any compatible spreadsheet application) and use the Sort Date function to re-order your goals by Overall Importance (ie contribution to the main goal), End date, or any other attribute (or combination of attributes).

We are planning to support more Task Management functionality, probably by integration with third-party TM tools or Calendar applications.

There is an online survey where you can comment on some proposed new features and suggest your own ideas. We always listen to our customers and responses on the Survey (and posts here) directly influence our development priorities and work schedule.

Enjoy the journey!

Richard

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Goalscape please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac