Gant Chart

Arnaud Pelletier

12 Dec, 2013 03:44 PM

Hi,

Does the gant facility is only available in entreprise suite? If yes, why must we contact you for purchasing?

Does Goalscape can import/export to miscrosoft project?

Thnaks in advance for your answers.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Richard Parslow on 12 Dec, 2013 06:30 PM

Hello Arnaud

First of all, if you have not yet tried Goalscape for yourself you certainly should. You can try both Goalscape Desktop and Goalscape Connect for free – just go to our Home page and click either the green 'Install now' badge (for Goalscape Desktop) or the 'Register for free trial' badge (for Goalscape Connect) – or both.

Goalscape Connect is the ideal solution for teams working on shared projects. It supports all the major functionality of Goalscape Desktop and has some cool collaboration features (see the attached PDF summary).

To answer your questions:

1. Yes: Gantt View is one of the business features supported in the new Goalscape Enterprise product.

Goalscape Enterprise has all the functionality and collaboration facilities in the existing Goalscape Connect web application, with some extra features like Gantt View, per-goal sharing and additional Admin controls. It is available either as a SaaS product accessed via a Private Cloud (minimum 10 users), or as a Corporate Intranet installation (minimum 50 users).

Of course either of these is a major implementation, since as well as everything else it requires additional Admin facilities within the software itself (in Goalscape Desktop and Goalscape Connect, the account management is handled by interactions with the customer database on our website). So we cannot simply deliver Goalscape Enterprise via sales on our website! That is why we ask those who are interested in Goalscape Enterprise to contact us using the 'purchase@' email address: then we can reply personally – such a direct conversation is the best way to exchange information.

2. Yes, there is indeed a two-way link between Goalscape and Microsoft Project:

• To Import MS Project XML files: in Goalscape Desktop use File > Import > Microsoft Project XML; in Goalscape Connect use Upload Other > Upload MS Project (XML) – see attached screenshot.

• To export your Goalscape data as an XML file that you can import into MS Project: in Goalscape Desktop use File > Export > Microsoft Project XML; in Goalscape Connect use Download As > Show Report Options, then in the Report Options window select the MS Project XML tab and click the Export button.

I can also confirm that we are planning to roll out the Gantt View feature as part of another new Goalscape product early next year. This will have more additional business features, plus other functionality for 'pro' users and small teams, so it will be available as an upgrade.

Of course we will continue to support Goalscape Desktop and Goalscape Connect – and we will look after our existing customers, probably by allowing everyone to access the enhanced functionality completely free for a limited period (exactly as we did for all Goalscape Desktop customers when we first launched Goalscape Connect).

Enjoy the journey!

Richard

2. 2 Posted by Arnaud Pelletie... on 12 Dec, 2013 06:43 PM

Dear Richard,

Thanks for your quick answers. In my pro life, I will not be able to get the budget for connect suite. Nevertheless, I feel that gant facilities will be easier and more convenient for me (I use gant just to report and monitor project managers and I do not need a big granularity in schedule). That's why I wanted to know if gant will be available in desktop suite.
    As I intend to purchase myself (89 euros seems to me an acceptable investment), I do not see the interest to purchase connect suite. If I succeed in using it and interest IT director, my company shall invest in it later and I will review my position.

Regards,

Sent: Thursday, December 12, 2013 07:30 PM
    To: [email blocked]
    Subject: Gant Chart [Questions]

// Please reply above this line
    ==================================================
    Subject: Gant Chart

Hello Arnaud

First of all, if you have not yet tried Goalscape for yourself you certainly should. You can try both Goalscape Desktop and Goalscape Connect for free – just go to our [Home page](http://www.goalscape.com) and click either the green 'Install now' badge (for Goalscape Desktop) or the 'Register for free trial' badge (for Goalscape Connect) – or both.

Goalscape Connect is the ideal solution for teams working on shared projects. It supports all the major functionality of Goalscape Desktop and has some cool collaboration features (see the attached PDF summary).

To answer your questions:

1. Yes: Gantt View is one of the business features supported in the new Goalscape Enterprise product.

Goalscape Enterprise has all the functionality and collaboration facilities in the existing Goalscape Connect web application, with some extra features like Gantt View, per-goal sharing and additional Admin controls. It is available either as a SaaS product accessed via a Private Cloud (minimum 10 users), or as a Corporate Intranet installation (minimum 50 users).

Of course either of these is a major implementation, since as well as everything else it requires additional Admin facilities within the software itself (in Goalscape Desktop and Goalscape Connect, the account management is handled by interactions with the customer database on our website). So we cannot simply deliver Goalscape Enterprise via sales on our website! That is why we ask those who are interested in Goalscape Enterprise to contact us using [email blocked]: then we can reply personally – such a direct conversation is the best way to exchange information.

2. Yes, there is indeed a two-way link between Goalscape and Microsoft Project:

* To Import MS Project XML files: in Goalscape Desktop use File > Import > Microsoft Project XML; in Goalscape Connect use Upload Other > Upload MS Project (XML) – see attached screenshot.

* To export your Goalscape data as an XML file that you can import into MS Project: in Goalscape Desktop use File > Export > Microsoft Project XML; in Goalscape Connect use Download As > Show Report Options, then in the Report Options window select the MS Project XML tab and click the Export button.

I can also confirm that we are planning to roll out the Gantt View feature as part of another new Goalscape product early next year. This will have more additional business features, plus other functionality for 'pro' users and small teams, so it will be available as an upgrade.

Of course we will continue to support Goalscape Desktop and Goalscape Connect – and we will look after our existing customers, probably by allowing everyone to access the enhanced functionality completely free for a limited period (exactly as we did for all Goalscape Desktop customers when we first launched Goalscape Connect).

Enjoy the journey!

Richard

View this discussion at our support site online: https://goalscape.tenderapp.com/discussions/questions/37098-gant-chart

---

Reply with #ignore to stop receiving notifications for this discussion.
  3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Richard Parslow on 13 Dec, 2013 10:46 AM

Hello Arnaud

Firstly, to avoid confusion let's clarify the different Goalscape product names:

• Goalscape Desktop is standalone software, sold under a perpetual single-user license (€89)

• Goalscape Connect is a web application that supports project collaboration, sold under single-user subscriptions (€89 for a year, €49 for 6 months)

• Goalscape Enterprise is a server implementation for business teams. It is available as a SaaS application (minimum 10 users) or for installation on a corporate intranet (minimum 50 users)

So I think that when you say "In my pro life, I will not be able to get the budget for connect suite" you meant to refer to Goalscape Enterprise (rather than "connect suite"). Please correct me if this inference is wrong!

Many businesses (including some very large ones) already use Goalscape Connect to manage their shared projects. The per-user subscription is only €89 per year, which compares very favourably with other online PM offerings. Furthermore there is no minimum 'package size' for Goalscape Connect – customers only have to buy as many subscriptions as they need to cover the people who are to Edit (update) projects. Those who only need to View projects can simply register for the free trial and allow it to lapse: then they will still be able to see all their projects (including those shared with them). So Goalscape Connect is in fact a very economical solution for small teams.

I agree that a good way for you to start is to buy a Goalscape Desktop license for your own use. Then you will be able to use it to provide a visual representation of your Goalscape projects when you discuss them with others (including your IT director). You can also use Goalscape Desktop in presentations (see our Presentations video here) and to generate reports (eg PDF summaries) – or you can just include Goalscape screenshots in your standard reports and PowerPoint presentations.

And of course the Goalscape Desktop license includes a free Goalscape Connect 6-month subscription, so you can upload your project(s) and Share them with other users (including those who are on a Goalscape Connect trial). In fact you can even register your colleagues for the trial by entering their email addresses here. As soon as you have done so you will be able to Share your projects with them by username, then you can all check out the collaboration features. (They will receive the standard Goalscape Connect trial registration email direct from us; and when they sign in, any shared projects will appear on their workspace – so you may also wish to warn them to look out for our email!).

As I mentioned, we will implement Gantt View (and some of the other extra business features supported by Goalscape Enterprise) as part of a new Goalscape Plus product to be released next year. This will be another per-user product, available at a slightly higher price than the existing Goalscape Desktop and Goalscape Connect products: as part of our continuing commitment to our "early adopters" we will provide the additional functionality to our existing customers for free during the launch period.

Enjoy the journey!

Richard
    PS Incidentally your latest message here (though not your original one!) went into our spam filter - hence the delay in responding. To avoid this happening in future you can create an account on this forum by clicking the 'Create a Profile' link. When you complete the registration and log in you will be able to see a list of all your discussions (as well as being able to access all the public ones posted by others) – and your messages will never be misidentified as spam.

4. 4 Posted by Arnaud Pelletie... on 13 Dec, 2013 11:41 AM

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your quick, long, and very clear answer.

Have a good week end.

Arnaud

Sent: Friday, December 13, 2013 11:46 AM
    To: [email blocked]
    Subject: Gant Chart [Questions]

// Please reply above this line
    ==================================================
    Subject: Gant Chart

Hello Arnaud

Firstly, to avoid confusion let's clarify the different Goalscape product
    names:

* **Goalscape Desktop** is standalone software, sold under a perpetual
    single-user license (€89)

* **Goalscape Connect** is a web application that supports project
    collaboration, sold under single-user subscriptions (€89 for a year, €49 for 6
    months)

* **Goalscape Enterprise** is a server implementation for business teams. It
    is available as a SaaS application (minimum 10 users) or for installation
    on a corporate intranet (minimum 50 users)

So I think that when you say "In my pro life, I will not be able to get the
    budget for connect suite" you meant to refer to *Goalscape Enterprise*
    (rather than "connect suite"). Please correct me if this inference is wrong!

Many businesses (including some very large ones) already use Goalscape
    Connect to manage their shared projects. The per-user subscription is only €89
    per year, which compares very favourably with other online PM offerings.
    Furthermore there is no minimum 'package size' for Goalscape Connect
    – customers only have to buy as many subscriptions as they need to cover the
    people who are to Edit (update) projects. Those who only need to View projects
    can simply register for the free trial and allow it to lapse: then they will
    still be able to *see* all their projects (including those shared with
    them). So Goalscape Connect is in fact a very economical solution for small
    teams.

I agree that a good way for you to start is to buy a Goalscape Desktop
    license for your own use. Then you will be able to use it to provide a visual
    representation of your Goalscape projects when you discuss them with others
    (including your IT director). You can also use Goalscape Desktop in
    presentations (see our Presentations video
    [here](http://www.goalscape.com/presentations) and to generate reports (eg PDF summaries) – or just include
    Goalscape screenshots in your standard reports and PowerPoint presentations.

And of course the Goalscape Desktop license includes a free Goalscape
    Connect 6-month subscription, so you can upload your project(s) and Share them
    with others using the Goalscape Connect trial. In fact you can even register
    your colleagues for the trial by entering their email addresses
    [here](http://www.goalscape.com/register/trial_connect). As soon as you have done so you
    will be able to Share your projects with them by username, then you can all
    check out the collaboration features. (They will receive the standard
    Goalscape Connect trial registration email direct from us: when they sign in,
    any shared projects will appear on their workspace – so you may also wish
    to warn them to look out for our email!).

As I mentioned, we will implement Gantt View (and some of the other extra
    business features supported by Goalscape Enterprise) as part of a new
    Goalscape Plus product to be released next year. This will be another per-user
    product, available at a slightly higher price than the existing Goalscape
    Desktop and Goalscape Connect products: as part of our continuing commitment to
    our "early adopters" we will provide the additional functionality to our
    existing customers for free during the launch period.

Enjoy the journey!

Richard
    PS Incidentally your latest message here (though not your original one!)
    went into our spam filter - hence the delay in responding. To avoid this
    happening in future you can create an account on this
    [forum](https://goalscape.tenderapp.com/home) by clicking the 'Create a Profile' link. When you
    complete the registration and log in you will be able to see a list of all your
    discussions (as well as being able to access all the public ones posted by
    others) – and your messages will never be misidentified as spam.

View this discussion at our support site online:
    https://goalscape.tenderapp.com/discussions/questions/37098-gant-chart

---

Reply with #ignore to stop receiving notifications for this discussion.
  5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Richard Parslow on 13 Dec, 2013 12:45 PM

No worries – glad to help.

6. Richard Parslow closed this discussion on 13 Dec, 2013 12:45 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Goalscape please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac