Make subgoal a separate root goal?

jlau

02 Jan, 2014 05:20 PM

Is there a way to make a sub-goal a root level goal? For example: if I start with the default root-level goal 'my goals' and create 'sub goal1', and 'sub goal 2', is there a way I can make 'sub goal 1' it's own root-level goal so I can manage it in it's own tab?

(Sorry if this was already asked/answered in discussions/KB, I tried to search but probably was using bad keywords)

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Richard Parslow on 02 Jan, 2014 06:10 PM

Hi Jason

Sure – in Goalscape Desktop you can use File > Save Selected Subgoal As to save any subgoal as a goalscape (.gsp file) in its own right (the default filename is the name of the selected subgoal). Then you can Open that file (or upload it to Goalscape Connect) as a separate project.

You can also assemble a 'master' project from separate projects: select the main goal and use Copy Goal (in the Goal Edit menu or right-click context menu), then select the main goal of a different project and Paste Goal.

I have made this discussion Public so others can find it – of you would prefer to keep it Private you can change it back by clicking the button in the sidebar here.

All the best for 2014!

Richard

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Goalscape please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac