Goalscape Plans

Mohamed

12 Jan, 2014 01:35 PM

Hi, I would like to purchase Goalscape but i don't know exactly what the differences between the plans, and i want to ask if you have any monthly plan payment.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Richard Parslow on 12 Jan, 2014 05:41 PM

Hello Mohamed

Thanks for your inquiry.

There are two basic Goalscape products, Goalscape Desktop and Goalscape Connect:

• Goalscape Desktop is standalone desktop software that you can use when you are offline (not connected to the Internet): all the processing takes place on your desktop machine and the data are stored as local files (.GSP). It's like other desktop applications like Word and Excel.

For a one-time payment of just €89, the Goalscape Desktop perpetual single-user license covers full support and free upgrades for life; and allows you to install and activate the software on two machines concurrently. It also includes a free 6-month subscription to the web version, Goalscape Connect.

• Goalscape Connect is an online application: all the software and data are on our secure servers. To use Connect you need to be connected to the Internet: you sign in to your account to access and update your online projects. It's like Google Mail or Facebook. You can access your Goalscape Connect account from any computer, anywhere in the world.

For teams working on shared projects, Goalscape Connect is the ideal solution: it provides the same major functionality as Goalscape Desktop and includes some cool collaboration features like per-project access privilege settings, presence and update indicators, shared file attachments and Goal Chat (per-goal IM with email notification options). There are more details in the attached 'Goalscape Connect summary' PDF.

Goalscape Connect is a subscription product: you can purchase an annual subscription for €89 or a 6-monthly subscription for €49. A monthly billing option with recurring payments may be available at some point in the future.

The two versions of Goalscape are fully compatible. In Connect you can upload Desktop goalscapes (.GSP files) as online Connect projects; and you can download your Connect projects as goalscapes (.GSP files) to work on them offline in Desktop. There is as yet no automatic 'sync' between Goalscape Desktop and Goalscape Connect.

You can purchase Goalscape Desktop or Goalscape Connect on our Purchase page.

I understand that you have already trialled Goalscape Connect. If you have not yet tried Goalscape Desktop you can download the software by clicking the green 'Install now' badge on our Home page. If the badge does not appear correctly, or if you have any problems with the download, it means that you need to update Adobe AIR on your machine, so you should go to the Download page and follow the steps to install the latest Adobe AIR first, then download and run the GoalscapeDesktop.air installer file. (That link to our download page is also on the home page, in the Goalscape Desktop box.)

We look forward to welcoming you aboard!

Richard

2. 2 Posted by mohamed khaier on 12 Jan, 2014 06:41 PM

Hi Richard
    Thank you for your reply, i'm just wondering if i want to use iPhone app which i plan i have to choose, and moreover i noticed that your iPhone app not working properly.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Richard Parslow on 12 Jan, 2014 07:34 PM

Hello Mohamed

Yes: there is a known issue with the current free Goalscape app on iPhones running iOS 7 (see our Known Issues page). The free iPhone app still works on devices running any other version of iOS.

I confirm that we are developing new 'full native' versions of Goalscape for mobile devices (iOS and Android), which will be available early this year. See our recent announcement More good news.

If you have an iPad you can already access the full Goalscape Connect on your device. To do so you need to use the free Puffin browser: unlike the standard iPad Safari browser, Puffin supports Flash applications (of which Goalscape Connect is one). Users of some Galaxy tablets with the latest Chrome browser may also be able to access Goalscape Connect.

Enjoy the journey!

Richard

4. 4 Posted by mohamed khaier on 12 Jan, 2014 07:48 PM

Hi Richard
    Thank you for your quick reply, but still you didn't answer me which purchase plan I should have to use your application in iPhone app when you fix it.
    Regards
    Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone from Ooredoo

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Richard Parslow on 12 Jan, 2014 08:25 PM

Hello Mohamed

The initial implementation of the phone app will all be a companion app for Goalscape Connect, exactly like the existing Goalscape iPhone app. As you will appreciate, the screen sizes on mobile phones are too small to show the Goalscape goal map UI properly, or to support interaction with it. So the phone apps will sync with your online projects in Goalscape Connect to deliver the goal hierarchies in text format, with the facility to access and update the panel details (goal attribute information).

Because we are implementing more sophisticated versions for iOS and Android, we are not intending to do any more development on the existing free Goalscape iPhone app, so there will be no 'fix' for iOS 7 as such.

The Users of iPads and Android tablets will be able to access the full Goalscape UI, including the goal map display and functionality.

All the best!

Richard

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Goalscape please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac