Calendar View

`Chuck Gallozzi

10 Nov, 2016 01:57 AM

Goalscape needs a calendar view.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Richard Parslow on 10 Nov, 2016 12:16 PM

Hello Chuck

Thanks for your suggestion.

Goalscape is really visual goal management software rather than a task management or scheduling tool – and it is certainly the best way to define goals, set priorities and track progress visually.

We do though recognise that reminders and alerts would be useful additions and we are investigating ways to implement such functionality – probably by integration with third party Calendar applications (starting with Google Calendar).

In the meantime for task management functions (including scheduling work on specific goals) you can use Start and Due dates in conjunction with Tags like !Now and !Next, then use the Highlight Sidebar to display the goals that match your selections (eg 'goals Due before [date] where I am Responsible and that have Tag !Next). You can also export the matching goal list via the clipboard. There is a short video about the Highlight Sidebar here.

You can also use the free Goalscape Mobile app (for any iOS or Android phone or tablet). It is a companion app for Goalscape Online that syncs with your online projects to deliver daily goals and tasks to your mobile device in an indented text hierarchy. Goalscape Mobile also has a Filter function that works like the Highlight Sidebar in the main application.

Watch out for announcements – and enjoy the journey!

Richard

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Emmett Lazich on 10 Nov, 2016 12:58 PM

Hi Chuck,

Are you seeking a simple read-only calender view of a project? That's something we could probably do without a massive development effort.

Calendars and the apps that access them can do a lot of functions. We cannot replicate or compete with that. Instead we try to fill a different gap.

Maybe have a read of this blog post I wrote not long ago. I explained why I use a regular calendar (Google) and how I find Goalscape to be invaluable used in conjunction with my calendar. https://goalscape.com/en/blog/getting-things-done-or-without-dates/

Also if you haven't already, take a look at the the new Goalscape date capabilities in the filter panel on the left. Filter some goals based on your dates, then open the goals list view, then the table view. There you can sort rows of goals according to your preferred date column. You could copy that data into a spreadsheet if you wish.

Hope that helps.

Emmett

3. 3 Posted by Chuck Gallozzi on 10 Nov, 2016 02:56 PM

Hi Emmett,

Thank you for the rapid response.

Yes, read-only is fine, but not only for one project, but all projects. That is, every dated item, whether project, task, or subtask would appear on the calendar.

It would be helpful to get an overview of the month at the click of a mouse button. There is a huge difference between a list of dates and a visual display of dates (calendar)

Examples of how others are doing it can be found in GoalEnforcer (http://www.goalenforcer.com/product.html) and TaskLabels (https://www.tasklabels.com/how-it-works/).

Best wishes,

Chuck

4. 4 Posted by Chuck Gallozzi on 10 Nov, 2016 03:00 PM

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your rapid response and comments.

Best wishes,

Chuck

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Emmett Lazich on 11 Nov, 2016 12:54 AM

Hi Chuck, I'll ask our two front end developers how easily we can do that. Might be good bang for the buck. Thanks.

6. 6 Posted by Chuck Gallozzi on 12 Nov, 2016 02:35 AM

Thank you Emmett.

By the way, another example of how others are doing it is Priority Matrix's web app (https://appfluence.com/collaboration/)

7. Richard Parslow closed this discussion on 12 Jan, 2017 05:18 PM.

8. Richard Parslow re-opened this discussion on 12 Jan, 2017 05:18 PM

9. Richard Parslow closed this discussion on 12 Jan, 2017 05:19 PM.

10. Richard Parslow re-opened this discussion on 19 Jan, 2017 04:11 PM

11. Richard Parslow closed this discussion on 13 Sep, 2017 03:16 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Goalscape please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac