Mindly vs Mobile goalscape

FERNANDO J Soares

17 Jan, 2017 05:57 PM

I would like to suggest adopting a design similar to what Mindly has to your mobile app. Goalscape mobile is a little clumsy. In addition, I would like to suggest the implementation of a feature that enables importing goals from Mindly. In my opinion, they have a pretty neat app which is only for mobile platforms. Apart from design, Goalscape is way mor robust and feature richer.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Richard Parslow on 17 Jan, 2017 07:56 PM

Hi Fernando

Thanks very much for your suggestion.

As you will appreciate, most phone screens are too small to display the full Goalscape 'goal map' UI and support all its functionality (even for people with very small fingers!), which is why we use the indented text hierarchy Goal List format for the Goalscape Mobile app.

We know though that Goalscape's unique goal map format is very powerful. It enforces a structured, goal oriented approach, so it is far better for going directly from brainstorming to project work than the looser 'nodes and connections' of mindmapping.

Yes: many mindmapping tools use 'zoom and scroll' to access the detail. The problem with that method is that you lose the essential context of your goals (where they fit in your overall plan and how important they are). In Goalscape Mobile right now, each goal name bar displays a miniature goal map that shows where that goal is in the overall project

So we are indeed investigating an elegant way to support the goal map format and functionality in Goalscape Mobile. The client software already relies on HTML5, Javascript and Google Polymer, using the latest technologies like Web Components (http://webcomponents.org/), which will make this much easier.

Enjoy the journey! (And watch out for announcements...)

Richard

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Goalscape please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac