Integration with MS Outlook

Hugh

19 Jan, 2017 03:26 PM

Hello Richard:

Although I'm a subscriber for couple of years, I could never "sell" this to the companies I worked at simply because it did not have MS Outlook calendar integration (alerts, automatic reminders for upcoming, missed, changed due dates, etc.)...basically full email/calendar integration with MS Outlook. I've seen several posts about this and I also want to reiterate the importance of having this level of integration, particularly with MS Outlook.

I see from one of your replies to another commenter that you're prioritizing Google Calendar, which is great to hear, but MS Office (along with Office 365) is still a major/dominant player in this space. When do you plan on integrating with MS Outlook? This will definitely help my case in adopting Goalscape more widely in my organization, especially as a robust collaboration tool.

Thanks and continue the great work...the recent improvements are spot on!

Hugh

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Richard Parslow on 19 Jan, 2017 04:11 PM

Hi Hugh

Good to hear from you again.

As you know, Goalscape is really a visual goal management solution, rather than a task management tool. Calendars and calendar-based tools can do a lot (and many of them are free!) and we cannot compete with that. We are though looking at integration with third-party tools for alerts and reminders; we are also investigating providing a simple read-only calendar view option.

You may be interested in Emmett Lazich's article about using Goalscape in conjunction with a separate calendar application (without any integration between the two): Getting Things Done – with or without Dates. Of course you (and your colleagues) can use Outlook in exactly the same way that Emmett uses Google Calendar.

Note too that you can implement some TM functions in Goalscape, using dates and tags like 'Next' and 'Now'. Apply a filter based on your due dates (in conjunction with tags and responsibility), then open the Goal List and select the new Table View. There you can sort your goals according to your preferred column – and you can copy that data into a spreadsheet.

We are continuing to improve Goalscape and are developing new features all the time. Watch out for announcements...

Keep achieving great goals in 2017!

Richard

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Goalscape please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac