More colors!

Jacquelyn

22 Jan, 2017 08:15 AM

Hello!

I just found this amazing tool and I'm having a lot of fun with it! I've been seeking something in addition to my go-to task manager and habit apps. I needed a tool for mapping out big picture goals and Goalscape is EXACTLY what I was looking for!

(Note: you guys should advertise more! I have been searching far and wide for days, checking out any goal planning programs I could find, and it wasn't until the 3rd day that I even came across your name. I happened to see a link to the Goalscape website in a comment on a blog post. Otherwise I don't know if I would have ever have found you!)

As I start filling in my goals, I'm already wishing I had more color options. For those of us who are very visual organizers, having more options would be very satisfying. Are there plans to extend the color offerings? Or is there a reason why there are only 7 color choices? (By the way, the color fill is beautiful! I saw that is a new feature - kudos!)

Also, I came across references in older forum posts about an academic discount. Is this something you still offer? I just signed up for a subscription using my personal email account, but I am a college professor with a separate .edu address.

Thanks for such a great product!

Cheers,
Jacquelyn

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Richard Parslow on 22 Jan, 2017 12:51 PM

Hello Jacquelyn

Thanks for the great feedback!

Yes: we are indeed planning to extend the color options with a full palette, as for background color (selectable in Settings). Note too that you can also apply an unlimited number of Tags to goals, then use the filter to highlight goals with a particular tag (or combination of tags).

Yes: as part of our commitment to education we do a 50% Academic Discount. If you post a new Private discussion from your .edu email address we will give you a Coupon Code to use when you purchase Goalscape on our website.

Enjoy the journey!

Richard
    PS We are glad you found Goalscape. What search term were you using? Our website is the first 'natural' (unpaid) result when you search for 'goal management software/program', 'goal setting software/program' or 'goal planning software'. We do not use any SEO 'tricks' (or paid fake referrers) to achieve this: our primacy is due purely to relevance, history and the large number of genuine backlinks from independent review sites, blogs, forums and other third party websites. Which was the forum on which you found us? (We may not even know about that one.)

The Goalscape Free account that we introduced last year is also proving very effective in promoting Goalscape's 'viral spread', since it allows users (even Free users) to invite new people to join their projects simply by entering their contacts' email addresses in the Share screen.

2. 2 Posted by Jacquelyn on 22 Jan, 2017 07:07 PM

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the quick response! The frequent forum activity and responsiveness of the team were definitely factors in my decision to jump into Goalscape. I love active teams who are genuinely interested in user feedback!

To clarify, you plan to offer a full palette of colors for both the fill on the goals and for the page background, as well? If so, awesome! Is this something that will happen in the short term, or is more of a long-term goal?

To answer your questions, I had searched on Google for terms such as "goal planning app," "best goal planning app," "goal planning online," "goal planner app," "goal planner android," "goal tracker app," "goal tracking app," and similar iterations, with and without filters to narrow down results to the past year. I do not believe Goalscape appeared on the first page of any of the search results.

I wanted something that was also usable on android devices, which is why I didn't specifically search for the words "program" or "software." I've often found software-only options to be limited or clunky in terms of mobile use or syncing. I had checked out multiple blog posts naming favorite goal planning apps/programs, but I didn't come across any mentioning Goalscape (which, quite honestly, shocks me!). The same big 4 kept popping up (and I won't name them, since I'm sure you know who your competition is).

Interestingly enough, I stumbled across a reference to Goalscape way down in the 3-year-old comments on this blog post: https://michaelhyatt.com/7-apps-to-help-you-achieve-your-goals-and-build-new-habits.html#respond I hadn't found exactly what I was looking for in days of looking, so I was checking out any commenters' recommendations that sounded promising. Really glad I saw that link and clicked on it!

But my point is that I used quite a few fitting (and probably very common) search terms that never directed me to Goalscape (not on the first page of results, anyway). It's great to hear about the company integrity in not using search engine tricks, but I wish there were a way for folks to more easily find it - it's very deserving of attention!

Thanks for the education discount info. I will submit a private message with that information.

Cheers,
    Jacquelyn

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Richard Parslow on 22 Jan, 2017 08:16 PM

Hi Jacquelyn

Thanks again for your kind words – can we quote you? We like to keep a record of our best testimonials here and we would love to add you to the list.

Yes – and the background colors already have a palette. As well as the different 'themes' (selectable when full fill is not selected) you can click in any color in the 'selected' field on the right and choose from a palette; and in full fill mode you can access the palette for the Background color in the same way (see screenshot).

Thanks too for the list of search terms that did not yield our website on page 1. Amazing how slow to catch on some of those 'best of' sites are! We will contact them and point out their glaring omission. ;) We are very glad you persisted in your search.

It may be that some of the other tools are positioned as 'apps', whereas Goalscape is not. There is a Goalscape Mobile app (for all Android and iOS phones and tablets) – it is a free companion app for Goalscape Online that syncs with your online projects to deliver daily goals and tasks in an indented text hierarchy. Maybe we should push it more...

All the best!

Richard

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Goalscape please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac