Linking progress to unconnected goals

Kade

28 Feb, 2018 04:31 PM

Hi. I love this product you have made! You have designed it so perfectly. It's very intuitive to use. My only suggestion is this. I would like to be able to link unconnected goals. For example. I may have a goal of buy car. That goal will contribute to work and play goals. I would like to be able to have a sub goal under work for car, and a sub goal under play for car. Then when I slide progress on one sub goal "car" it effects the other sub goal "car".

Maybe there is already a way to do this, or something similar?

Thank you.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Richard Parslow on 01 Mar, 2018 04:22 AM

Hello Kade

Thanks for the great feedback – thanks for your inquiry.

Yes: Goalscape represents a strict hierarchy of goals (1 parent to many subgoals). We call what you are asking for are synergistic goals (those that contribute to more than 1 parent). We are investigating ways to support repeating tasks and synergistic goals.

In the meantime you can set up a synergistic goal (in your example, 'buy car') as a separate Level 1 subgoal. You can link it to the Work and Play area using Tags – or by using hyperlinks in the Notes (each goal has its own URL).

For more details about using Goalscape for goal management in conjunction with other tools for task management and scheduling, check out Emmett Lazich's blog article Getting Things Done – with or without Dates.

Enjoy the journey!

Richard

2. 2 Posted by Kade on 01 Mar, 2018 04:42 PM

Thank you for the detailed response. Thanks to how well designed your software is. I figured out for myself that Tags are the best option for now. Ill look forward to seeing what you come up with for "synergistic goals".

Thank you

Kade

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Richard Parslow on 02 Mar, 2018 02:06 AM

Hi Kade

Thanks – we will certainly let you know when we find an elegant solution to the synergistic goals conundrum.

May you achieve great goals!

Richard

4. Richard Parslow closed this discussion on 02 Mar, 2018 02:06 AM.

5. Richard Parslow re-opened this discussion on 02 Mar, 2018 02:07 AM

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Goalscape please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac