In zoom mode: navigate to previous/next neighbour goal

and78386

24 Jul, 2018 11:58 AM

When zoomed in on a subgoal it would be great to navigate to the previous oder next neighbour goal of the subgoal. Now i have to zoom out first and then zoom in again.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Richard Parslow on 24 Jul, 2018 06:48 PM

Hello Andreas

You can use the cursor arrow keys to navigate:

• Right for clockwise neighbor (or next goal at the same level, even if on a different parent)
    • Left for anticlockwise neighbor (or next goal at the same level, even if on a different parent)
    • Up for parent
    • Down for subgoal

These controls should all work whether or not you are in Focus View. If they are not, please ensure that you have the latest Flash installed and activated in your browser. (NB we recommend Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome – and Chrome uses its own Flash plugin so it is always up to date.)

All the best

Richard

2. 2 Posted by and78386 on 25 Jul, 2018 07:40 AM

I am using Goalscape Desktop 2.9.6. Example Goalscape file: maingoal with 3 subgoals SG1/SG2/SG3 with several subsubgoals. Now i zoom in on SG1. Nothing happens when using the right arrow key to navigate to the second subgoal SG2. What am i doing wrong?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Richard Parslow on 25 Jul, 2018 09:46 AM

Hello Andreas

Sorry I misunderstood your previous message.

The cursor keys only allow you to navigate the goals that are visible in the view you are using. If you are zoomed in on SG1 (ie so SG2 is not visible) you cannot use the cursor keys to navigate to SG2.

Best

Richard

4. 4 Posted by and78386 on 26 Jul, 2018 10:41 AM

So the suggestion. ;)

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Richard Parslow on 26 Jul, 2018 01:03 PM

Hello Andreas

To optimise processing (including the goal map rendering) and to maximise clarity, you can only use the cursor keys to navigate to goals that are visible in the current view.

When you are in Focus View, the central goal's parent and Neighbors are not visible (and you cannot Add a Neighbor). Allowing navigation to goals that are not visible in that view would not only require significant refactoring of the core functionality, it could also confuse people. So we are unlikely to implement such a feature.

We are though considering extending the navigation options to the miniature that appears at top left when you are in Focus View: this will allow selection of any goal (including those not visible in the current View) by clicking it in the miniature.

Note too that when you are in Focus View you can already jump straight to the Main View simply by double-clicking the miniature – or you can use the relevant option when you right-click anywhere in the goal map.

All the best

Richard

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Goalscape please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac