1 key to traverse the whole tree of goals -> great for presentations

Chris

02 Aug, 2018 06:29 AM

Hi,
I want to suggest to add 1 key to go step by step to all the goals. This would be great for presentations. I think a common key would be space (which has no function at the moment when a goal has the focus). I think, this way I could also use one of those wireless presenter devices.

To go back one step shift+space could be used.

Hope you like the idea. I attached a screenshot how I think a cycle could look like...

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Richard Parslow on 02 Aug, 2018 10:38 AM

Hello Chris

Thanks for your suggestion to use the space bar to progress 'depth first' through a project for presentation purposes – we may well implement this in future.

Remember though that one of the great benefits of using Goalscape for presentations is that it provides an alternative to the strictly linear format imposed by other tools: in the overview (or any Focus View) you can easily jump to any goal – in response to questions from the audience, say.

All the best

Richard

2. 2 Posted by Chris on 02 Aug, 2018 01:57 PM

Yes, I appreciate, that I am not strictly bound to a linear format. And I appreciate even more that the goal map gives an excellent overview. :-)
    On the other hand, most of the time one follows a linear path through the presentation because there is a central theme and you designed your reasoning with care.

So I think it would definitely be a enhancement that is useful. (But I understand, that this is not a top priority request).

I just noticed that I was not as clear with my request as I thought. My idea was to iterate through the goals so that those goals get the focus and one can see the notes for this goals. My idea was NOT to set the focus view on these goals (which I would find disturbing).

Thanks
    Chris

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Richard Parslow on 02 Aug, 2018 02:13 PM

Noted.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Goalscape please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac