remember 'hide complete goals' option

Chris

12 Sep, 2018 04:44 PM

Hi,

Unfortunately it is not quite easy to ‚see‘ the progress in the goals especially when ‘full fill goal coloring’ is activated (which gives the more beautiful output) and a goal is completed. > this is worth a different support request. But for now I can live with it, because the feature ‚hide completed goals‘ is a life saver in this regard ;-).

My request: Please, make this a ‘saved attribute of the goalscape file’ so the application remembers for each file whether I have checked 'hide completed goals' or not.
The last days I got annoyed by constantly setting this option again and again.

I hope that this is a small enough change to find its way into one of the next releases.

Thanks
Chris

P.S. after using goalscape for a while I'm still in love

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Richard Parslow on 12 Sep, 2018 06:04 PM

Hi Chris

Thanks very much for your suggestion (and for the great feedback!).

I agree that it would indeed make sense for the 'Hide completed goals' selection to be a 'per-project' selection (which should only need to be made once) – and I have passed your request to the design team.

In the meantime you can preserve your 'Hide completed goals' selection in any project by Pinning the Highlight Sidebar open (the 'Pin' option is at top right of the Highlight Sidebar itself).

Keep achieving great goals!

Richard
    PS Sorry for the delay in responding – for some reason your post here went into our spam filter. You can avoid this happening in future by creating an account on this forum by clicking the 'Create a Profile' link. Then whenever you login here you will be able to see a list of all your discussions (as well as being able to access all the public ones posted by others) – and your messages will never be misidentified as spam.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Richard Parslow on 12 Sep, 2018 06:13 PM

PPS I have also passed on your request for darker progress shading.

3. 3 Posted by Chris on 12 Sep, 2018 06:31 PM

Thanks for your reply.

May I ask if I'm doing something wrong? Your tipp seems not to work for me...
    In the meantime you can preserve your 'Hide completed goals' selection in any project by Pinning the Highlight Sidebar open.

I pinned the left sidebar and activated 'Hide completed goals' but after closing and reopening Goalscape 'Hide completed goals' is deactivated again!?
    (Or did you mean something else?)

Thanks.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Richard Parslow on 12 Sep, 2018 07:32 PM

Hello Chris

Sorry for the misunderstanding: pinning the Highlight Sidebar means that it remains open during that session – ie you can select a different project and when you return to the original one the Sidebar will still be open (with the selections unchanged). Like most Goalscape users, I never close the application (and rarely sign out) – it's always open, even when I am doing something else in a different browser tab or window.

Best

Richard

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Goalscape please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac