Google integration

David Thawley

26 May, 2019 06:34 PM

Hi
Firstly I want to say what a fabulous application. I've been using achieve planner for years but wanted to invest in something cloud based. I bumped into your application from google and as soon as I saw it I fell in love with it. I love the fact that the program is so intuitive I don't need to read the manual to use it. I also love the visual nature of the app, far better than lists. The one thing I am missing though is integration into a calendar. I would really love to be able to drag and drop the top level sub-sub-sub tasks into a calendar. I can understand the philosophy of not doing this but it would really be the icing on the cake for me.

Looking forward to using this app a lot in all aspects of my life.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Richard Parslow on 26 May, 2019 07:18 PM

Hello David

Welcome aboard! Thanks for taking the time to post your suggestion here – and for the great feedback.

We are indeed investigating integrating Goalscape with Google Calendar – it is among the most-requested features under consideration for inclusion in Goalscape 3.0, to be released later this year.

Although Goalscape is really a visual goal management solution rather than a task management tool, you can use it for some TM functions:

1. Set Start and Due dates on your goals – you can also use Tags to indicate urgency (eg !Now and !Next).

2. In the Highlight Sidebar, filter your goals by Due Date and/or Tag: matching goals are highlighted in the goal map (and your selections persist when you use Focus View).

3. Click the 'Show Goal List' button: a popup will appear, displaying a list of matching goals. You can select Tree View or Table View: in Tree View you can check off your goals as you complete them; and in Table View you can Sort your goals by Due Date or Progress (or by Name, or presence of Attachments or Notes text).

4. You can Export your Goal List via the clipboard (in Table View this exports in CSV format) – and import it into another tool if you wish.

You can also access and update your Online projects using the free Goalscape Mobile companion app (for all Android and iOS phones and tablets). It syncs with your Online projects to display daily goals and tasks on your mobile phone or tablet in an indented text hierarchy (like the Goal List Tree View in the main Online application).

You may be interested in Marcus Baur's article Set Goals Like Googlers Do (includes a video) and Emmett Lazich's one about Getting Things Done – with or without Dates.

Over the next few weeks we'll be sending you more tips for using the software to define, prioritize and achieve your goals – and for sharing your projects with others to collaborate with purpose.

Enjoy the journey!

Richard

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Goalscape please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac