Goal Coloring

Rob

13 Sep, 2020 03:26 AM

Hello,

I apologize if I missed a similar suggestion that has already been made, but it would be nice to:

1. Have a full color palette to choose from for goal coloring (I'm pretty sure that is already on your list).
2. Be able to set both the "empty" and "filled" colors--for example a white goal with no progress that gradually fills in to your desired color.

Take care,
Rob

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Richard Parslow on 13 Sep, 2020 12:53 PM

Hi Rob

Thanks for your suggestions.

I confirm that extending the palette for goal coloring is indeed one of the enhancements that we are considering for future versions of Goalscape.

Since goal 'color-coding' is intended to represent some property of the goal itself (regardless of it completion) it is unlikely that we will apply color only to the progress shading for those goals. The extended color palette will however allow you to select paler goal colors, which will increase the difference between that and the (darker) progress color.

The existing 'alarm clock' feature already identifies goals that have reached their due date without being completed (Progress ≠ 100%). We are investigating a facility to change goal color according to progress (and perhaps the proximity of the Due date). So, for example, a goal that is approaching its due date and has not been completed will automatically be colored red.

All the best – and stay safe

Richard

2. Richard Parslow closed this discussion on 13 Sep, 2020 12:53 PM.

3. Richard Parslow re-opened this discussion on 13 Sep, 2020 12:53 PM

4. 2 Posted by Rob on 14 Sep, 2020 03:42 AM

Hi Richard,

Thanks for explaining your thought process, but I don't really see why you wouldn't let someone choose both the goal color and the progress color themselves (with the default progress color being selected automatically)!

Regardless, this is still a very useful piece of software!

Take care,

Rob

5. Richard Parslow closed this discussion on 14 Sep, 2020 09:48 AM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Goalscape please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac