goals sharing (goalscape 3 beta)

alfaris

15 Oct, 2021 09:54 AM

Hi all,

I have an awesome suggestion regarding goal sharing. Listen:
If I have a company with 4 departments, or I have a parent company with 4 subsidiaries, then I have to create 4 goals in goalscape. Which mean 4 tabs. So I can share each goal with related person. Right? Yes, this is the case now.

This make me split my ideas between 4 screens and keep moving between them, no single screen/tab will show me the whole story.

So my suggestion is:
Let's allow me to select a specific slice in my goalscape and give access to this specific slice to a specific person (of course access to the slice and its sub slices). So each person will have a full view of his goals. And I have a full view of all company and departments goals in one tab. No need for creating multi tabs and keep forward and backward between then, and can see the whole picture at once :)
This is perfect.

What do you think?

-Alfaris

1. 1 Posted by alfaris on 15 Oct, 2021 10:13 AM

See attachment please.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Richard Parslow on 15 Oct, 2021 02:54 PM

Hello Alfaris

Yes: what you are describing is per-goal access, which is already supported in our corporate product Goalscape Enterprise. I am attaching a 1-page summary of Goalscape Enterprise, showing the additional business features.*

In the future we may offer this feature (and some of the others in Enterprise) as a paid 'add-on' for Goalscape Unlimited customers. We are also investigating 'deep linking' projects, whereby updates to an instance of a goal in one goalscape will be reflected in other instances (such as a 'master' project).

All the best

Richard
    *Please note that we are dropping the 'Change Tracker' feature.

3. 3 Posted by alfaris on 15 Oct, 2021 03:38 PM

The enterprise is a stand alone edition? Which need a server? Right?

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Richard Parslow on 15 Oct, 2021 03:54 PM

Hello Alfaris

Goalscape Enterprise is a Private Cloud solution, implemented on your dedicated hardware and software in our secure server environment. For very large implementations we can consider a 'Corporate Intranet' installation, installed on the customer's server, behind their firewall.

Best

Richard

5. 5 Posted by alfaris on 16 Oct, 2021 06:02 PM

Hope to see this feature in goalscape 3.
    Thanks

6. 6 Posted by alfaris on 20 Oct, 2021 03:58 AM

as a workaround now, I am trying to copy-paste subgoals between projects. but it is not working. it is working in the desktop version.
    so please consider fixing this issue.

thanks

7. 7 Posted by alfaris on 20 Oct, 2021 04:03 AM

see attachment please. we use this workaround to overcome the per goal access permission. so please fix it ASAP.

thanks

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by Richard Parslow on 20 Oct, 2021 11:35 AM

Hello Alfaris

Yes: we are already working on the facility to Copy & Paste goals (and whole goalscapes) between projects.

Please note that although we are intending to extend all the current Goalscape Online functionality to Goalscape 3.0 (plus some new features!), not everything will be in the initial commercial release. So if there is something in the current Goalscape Online that is essential for your work you can continue to use that, even after we release the public version of Goalscape 3.0.

All the best

Richard

9. 9 Posted by alfaris on 20 Oct, 2021 05:49 PM

10. 10 Posted by alfaris on 21 Oct, 2021 11:50 AM

how much is the enterprise version?
    i am not ale to see pricing anywhere.

11. Support Staff 11 Posted by Richard Parslow on 21 Oct, 2021 04:09 PM

Hello Alfaris

Sure – Goalscape Enterprise SaaS pricing is based on Annual User License fees (minimum 4), plus Annual Server fees (server size based on number of users), plus a one-time Initial Setup fee (waived for customers who commit to a 3-year contract).

If you can indicate the likely number of users I would be happy to send you a full Proposal.

Cheers!

Richard

12. 12 Posted by alfaris on 25 Oct, 2021 12:09 PM

1 admin user.
    4 read only users.

and how the access will be? on cloud? or VPN? or what?

13. Support Staff 13 Posted by Richard Parslow on 25 Oct, 2021 04:19 PM

Hello Alfaris

Thanks for the additional information.

The minimum implementation for the SaaS Private Cloud implementation is 4 Full Users; and for a Corporate Intranet installation the minimum is 10 Full users.

Accordingly I shall send you a price proposal for an Enterprise SaaS Private Cloud implementation for 4 Full Users by direct email.

Cheers!

Richard

14. 14 Posted by alfaris on 26 Oct, 2021 07:39 AM

Waiting the quotation.

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ smartphone

---- Richard Parslow wrote ----

15. Richard Parslow closed this discussion on 26 Oct, 2021 03:53 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Goalscape please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac