highlighting tasks that are past deadline

Piotr

22 Nov, 2021 06:29 PM

Hello!

I love a lot of the changes you guys have made in the new version of Goalscape. However, there's one thing I really miss - the ability to highlight tasks that are past their deadlines, eg. if a task's deadline was two days ago. I can only see the "today", "this week" and "this quarter" options. Are you planning to add this feature? I think it would be very useful.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Richard Parslow on 22 Nov, 2021 08:33 PM

Hello Piotr

Glad you love the new Goalscape web app! Thanks very much for taking the time to send your feedback.

Although the 'alarm clock' icon no longer appears in goals that are not Achieved (100% Progress) by their Due date, you can highlight such goals using selections in the Focus sidebar: select 'This quarter', and both the 'Pending' (0% Progress) and 'In Progress' options. That will highlight all your current goals that have not yet been Achieved (including those past their Due date). You can also see a list of matching goals (and export it).

At Goalscape we use a slightly different method of identifying urgent goals: we use the Tags 'Now' (maximum of 3 goals to be completed before the next review) and 'Next' (maximum of 10 goals from which to select the next 3 'Now' goals). So we can easily see everything that is happening right now, or select by Responsibility to see what specific people are on.

This 'Goalscape Method' is described in the Get Started goalscape that appears the first time you login to the new web app; and Marcus covers it in his short 'Intro and Best Practice' video here (the Goalscape Method section is from 50s on).

We are continuing to add more new features to the new app all the time – and we can now roll out updates very fast (no new download required).

So please keep the feedback coming. We always listen to our customers and your suggestions directly affect our development schedule – ie our 'Now' and 'Next' goals!

All the best

Richard

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Goalscape please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac