Can not do anything with 1st screen.

Pavel

01 Sep, 2014 09:15 PM

Hello.
30aug14 I've register account ([email blocked]) and download desktop version. Today (02sept14) it's stick at 1st window and I can not do anything (screens attached). Any movings don't allowed. Any buttons don't clickable. "Enter" with email and pass have no effects too.
I am using Mac OS 10.9.4.
Thanks.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Richard Parslow on 01 Sep, 2014 10:16 PM

Hi Pavel

Sorry – this is due to an error in the Russian version, so you need to reset the language to English and try again:

1. Start the Goalscape Desktop application and select 'Try' (the first option)

2. Click the 'wrench' icon to open the Preferences screen and select English (US or GB)

3. Exit or Quit Goalscape Desktop and restart it.

4. The English EULA should be scrollable (if it appears at all), then you can Accept it and Activate your installation by entering tour username and password.

Thank you for letting us know about this issue – we will investigate and resolve it.

If this still does not work for you, please post again and we will give you instructions for a full reset.

All the best

Richard

2. 2 Posted by Pavel Vasiliev on 02 Sep, 2014 08:09 AM

Hi Richard.

I can not access any buttons including «Try». I can not resize first window or move the content inside.

I’ve delete applecation and reinstall it. But problem appeared again.

In this case I can’t do anything even if I buy the license.

02 сент. 2014 г., в 2:17, Richard Parslow <[email blocked]> написал(а):

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Richard Parslow on 02 Sep, 2014 09:05 AM

Hello Pavel

No worries – you can revert to the default English version quite easily by resetting all your Preferences.

To do this you need to delete the Goalscape Desktop 'SO' files and folders under Preferences in your Library. In Finder, go to

[user_home]/Library/Preferences/[application_id]/Local Store/#SharedObjects (where '[application_id]' is GoalscapeDesktop)

Delete all folders and files that have have the form 'com.goalscape.app.GoalscapeDesktop.[guid]' (where [guid] is a long character string). (See attached screenshot.)

If you cannot see a 'Library' folder under your user account, you need to unhide the Library folder before you will be able to find the SO files in its subfolders. The steps are:

1. Click the Spotlight icon (magnifying glass top right)

2. Enter 'terminal' and click the 'Terminal' option when offered

3. In Terminal, enter the following text

chflags nohidden ~/Library

4. The next time you go into Finder, your Library folder will be available.

After you have deleted the Preferences, when you start Goalscape Desktop it will be in English. If you have not yet bought Goalscape Desktop you will be able to access the trial by clicking 'Try'. Note that until you purchase the software you cannot Activate Goalscape Desktop with the username and password you received for your Goalscape Connect trial.

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention – we have traced the error and the fix will be in the next Updates.

Enjoy the journey!

Richard

4. 4 Posted by Pavel Vasiliev on 02 Sep, 2014 10:36 AM

Thanks, Richard.

It’s ok now. First screen appears normally.

Kind regards,
    Pavel.

02 сент. 2014 г., в 13:05, Richard Parslow <[email blocked]> написал(а):

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Richard Parslow on 02 Sep, 2014 11:32 AM

Hello Pavel

Great, thanks for letting us know. When you purchase Goalscape Desktop you will be able to activate your installation(s) using the Welcome screen in the default English version.

I confirm that this anomaly for trial users in Russia will be fixed in the next Goalscape Desktop update.

Enjoy the journey!

Richard

6. 6 Posted by Pavel Vasiliev on 02 Sep, 2014 02:08 PM

Richard, thank you for the information.
    Right now I’m thinking about buying the license.
    The only thing that bothers me is the that there is no app for iPad / iPhone with synchronization.

Thanks again.

02 сент. 2014 г., в 15:32, Richard Parslow <[email blocked]> написал(а):

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Richard Parslow on 02 Sep, 2014 02:26 PM

Hello Pavel

In fact we are about to release a new version of the Goalscape Mobile app for iOS and Android. This will be a companion app for Goalscape Connect: it will sync with your online projects to deliver daily goals and task lists to your mobile device – in text hierarchy form, with the facility to update goal attribute information. We have added you to the list of beta testers and you will receive a notification when we release it.

In the meantime you can already access Goalscape Connect direct on your iPad. To do so you need to use the free Puffin browser. Unlike the standard iOS Safari browser, Puffin supports Flash applications. So on your iPad, install and run the Puffin browser, then simply go to the Goalscape Connect website and sign in: you should have access to Goalscape Connect with full functionality.

Enjoy the journey!

Richard

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Goalscape please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac