Cannot install Goalscape in Mac

Dimirti

18 Sep, 2014 09:31 PM

Hello

I´ve been trying to install Goalscape for the last 2 weeks and I always get this message

This application cannot be installed because this installer has been mis-configured. Please contact the application author for assistance.

What can I do??

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Richard Parslow on 18 Sep, 2014 10:03 PM

Hello Dimitri

Sorry you have been having trouble.

The latest version of Goalscape Desktop (2.7.3) is double-certificated, so a standard install (or update) should be straightforward. The problem you have encountered may be due to an issue with your installation of Adobe AIR, or because you missed an earlier Goalscape Desktop update (to version 2.7.2).

Either way the solution is to uninstall Goalscape Desktop and Adobe AIR, then do fresh reinstalls of both:

1. Uninstall Goalscape Desktop completely. Even if this is your first installation on that machine

2. Uninstall Adobe AIR completely. To do this, instead of simply moving the AIR icon to Trash, you need to use the special 'Adobe AIR Uninstaller' application (usually in Applications > Utilities).

3. Go to our Download page and follow the steps to download the latest AIR first then download and run the GoalscapeDesktop.air file. (Note that you may need to enforce the '.air' suffix during the download.)

If you still have any difficulty please post again with confirmation of your Goalscape username (registered email address) – we will give you instructions to clear your Registry for a full 'clean' reinstall.

We are also working on a captive runtime version of Goalscape Desktop that will make the application independent of the local AIR environment – watch out for announcements...

All the best

Richard
    PS As a matter of interest, and to help us to improve our Support and its visibility, please could you let us know why/how it took you 2 weeks to find the links to Support?

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Goalscape please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac