I can`t install GS in Windows 8

Donny Ponce

12 Jan, 2015 09:13 PM

Hi. I can`t install GS in Windows 8

I´ve seen the others discussions but the problem persist

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Richard Parslow on 12 Jan, 2015 09:30 PM

Hello Donny

There is no problem with the installer file and Goalscape Desktop is double-certificated. Problems installing the software are nearly always due to an issue with the local installation of Adobe AIR. The steps to resolve this are:

1. Uninstall Goalscape Desktop. This will not affect any of your existing goalscapes (.gsp files), stored in your Documents area.

2. Uninstall Adobe AIR completely.

3. Go to our Download page and follow the steps to install the latest version of AIR, then download the Goalscape Desktop installer file (you may need to enforce the '.air' suffix when you save this file, since some environments try to change it to '.zip'!).

4. Double-click the installer file to run it, then follow the instructions. If possible you should install the application in the default directory on your C:/ drive.

When you reinstall Goalscape Desktop like this you should not need to reactivate your installation on that machine; however if you do need to activate it again, I confirm that you will be able to do so using your existing credentials.

If that does not work for you, please confirm:

• Whether this is a new installation or an update of an existing one

• At what stage the problem is occurring (downloading or running the GoalscapeDesktop.air installer file)

• Details of any error message you are seeing.

A screenshot would be very useful – in Windows you can take a screenshot using Alt+ PrintScrn: that copies the image to the clipboard, so you can paste it into a new Paint file (or Word document), save that file and post it here (if you are reading this in your email client, click here to go to your discussion on the forum and attach your file using the 'Choose File' button below the Reply box).

All the best

Richard

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Goalscape please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac