cannot download

Payton

20 Apr, 2015 12:31 AM

I cannot download the goalscape software on my mac or PC. Could it be because I am in Indonesia and it doesn't like my VPN? If you can share the software download some other way, maybe that will work? I searched problems related to this and found that it could be attached to a bad adobe air download, but I downloaded it straight from your site on both computers and have the same problem. The issue persits even before it gets to the download point. On both my PC and mac when I right click to "save link as", nothing happens. Thanks

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Richard Parslow on 20 Apr, 2015 08:35 AM

Hello Payton

You should be able to download the Goalscape Desktop software wherever you are in the world; you may however need to check the firewall and AV settings on your VPN, since they may affect this.

Download issues are usually due to an issue with the local Adobe AIR environment. If you are having problems downloading you should go to our Download page and follow the steps to install the latest AIR first, then download and run the GoalscapeDesktop.air installer file. (That link is also on our homepage under 'Any problems downloading'.)

If problems persist, please post again with: the Operating System (and version) on the affected machine(s); the browser (and version) that you are using; and details about exactly what happens when you try to install Goalscape Desktop – and any on-screen messages you see (screenshots would be very useful).

Note too that in the meantime you can register for the free trial of the web application Goalscape Connect – there is no software to download and you can sign in on any computer anywhere in the world using any major browser.

We recommend Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome – note that IE and Safari both have Known Issues with Adobe Flash Player applications.

All the best

Richard
    PS Incidentally your message here went into our spam filter – hence the delay in responding. You can avoid this happening in future by creating an account on this forum: click the 'Create a Profile' link at the top right of every page. When you complete your registration and log in here you will be able to see a list of all your discussions (as well as being able to access all the public ones posted by others) – and your messages will never be misidentified as spam.

2. 2 Posted by Payton and Grac... on 23 Apr, 2015 12:27 AM

Thank you. I found that it was linked to a slow internet connection.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Richard Parslow on 23 Apr, 2015 08:24 AM

Great! Glad it is all working OK for you now – thanks for letting us know.

Richard

4. Richard Parslow closed this discussion on 23 Apr, 2015 08:24 AM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Goalscape please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac