Image resolution of exports

simon

11 Aug, 2015 12:35 AM

Hey guys

I bought your product and I'm generally happy with where it's at and where it's headed.

But an issue that I've had problems with is the low resolution and very poor print quality of the exports and also auto reformatting of font scaling in the print dialogue.

They look okay as screen shots. But I needed to print a set for workshops and I couldn't find a way of getting them to print without artifacts and poor qual.

In the print screen dialogue often the auto scaling of text sizes and alignment in cells also goes off and it really distracts from the quality which you can get in the software.

Hope you can address this in the future.

Cheers

Simon

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Richard Parslow on 11 Aug, 2015 08:56 AM

Hello Simon

Thanks for your post – and for the great feedback.

If you use the Report Options screen (File > Show Report Options in Goalscape Desktop, Download As > Show Report Options in Goalscape Connect) you can produce high resolution images: choose either the PNG or the JPG image option from the icons at the top of the screen and in the sidebar select A3 or A2 as the image size (which equates to paper size for printing). You can also adjust the goal name font sizes globally, using the slider. See the attached screenshot.

For workshops and other interactive sessions you can of course show your 'live' project on a screen. And for ongoing work in groups, you and your colleagues should be using Goalscape Connect to share the actual projects online: then everyone involved will always be able to access the latest version of the project, rather than a 'snapshot' of it at a specific point in time.

Note too that only those who need to be able to update the project will need Goalscape Connect subscriptions. Those who only need to be able to read it can register for the free trial and allow it to lapse: you can still Share projects with them privately by username; and after their trial expires they will still be able to view their projects and any shared with them.

Keep achieving great goals!

Richard

2. 2 Posted by Simon Opper on 12 Aug, 2015 04:45 AM

Hi Richard thanks for the response.

Can you clarify:

Is the resolution from report options in the desktop version more or the
    same as for connect ?

Following your advice from within connect does not produce jpg or png file
    sizes with enough resolution for good print quality.they are fuzzy and
    compressed with artifacts. I suggest the compression must be to high. Sure
    online is ok. But online can't always be achieved in many workshop sessions.

Cheers

Simon

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Richard Parslow on 14 Aug, 2015 09:40 AM

Hello Danny

Our tests of hi-res image export from Goalscape Connect produce a clear image that is not 'fuzzy'. Please could you attach a copy of the 'fuzzy' A2 hi-res image that you exported and, if possible, identify on the image what you mean by 'compressed with artifacts'.

Thanks for your continuing cooperation here.

Richard

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Goalscape please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac