great, it works! ---- tiny problem with home view

Thomas Seidl

22 Dec, 2020 01:39 PM

Dear Goalscape Team,

I am so happy to see the new Goalscape online running, without changes in the UI! Congratulations and many thanks for this big step to v3. Now I feel ready and encouraged to roll it out in my group.

Let me report that downloading, installing, launching and using on 64bit Windows 10 worked immediately.

1) As a minor point, the project list in the home view lists five entries, which is correct. However, the name column is empty. As I am not sure I'll be able to reopen any project, I hesitate to close and reopen one to check it further.

2) Will there be any possibility that I'll provide a link to a public project to my colleagues, or do I need to invite them within the system?

Best regards, and many thanks you made it!
Thomas

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Richard Parslow on 22 Dec, 2020 02:51 PM

Hello Thomas

Thanks for the great feedback on the new Goalscape Online app.

1. Sorry that you are having trouble with the User Projects List (UPL) in the Home screen. I can confirm that project names always appear correctly in all our tests, so please first try the following:

1. In case this is a font display issue, select a project by clicking anywhere on its line in the UPL: that will highlight the line and may reveal the name
      2. Restart the app – at the moment this is the only way to reload the workspace: we are urgently developing a new 'Reload' option that will work just like refreshing the browser page in the old Online web application (without requiring a restart of the app)
      3. Try downloading the app to a different machine and sign in there (there is no limit to the number of times you can install the new Online app, or the number of simultaneous sign-ins).

If those do not work for you, please send us a screenshot to show what the UPL looks like on your screen (in Windows you can use the Snipping Tool). Please also provide the name and model of your computer and the resolution of the display.

I confirm I have already escalated this to the development team and your answers here will be very useful in our investigations.

2. Since Goalscape Online is no longer browser-based, we can no longer use URLs to access projects, which means that in the new app it is not possible to access Public projects in a web page. That is why the 'URL; field is not populated when you select that option in the Share screen (thanks for the reminder – we will disable or remove that option).

Public projects will be supported again in Goalscape 3.0, since it will be a (fully cross-platform) webapp.

Keep achieving great goals – and stay safe!

Richard

2. 2 Posted by Seidl, Thomas on 22 Dec, 2020 08:29 PM

Dear Richard,

thanks for the hint, restarting helped immediately.

Best regards
    Thomas

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
    Von: Richard Parslow <[email blocked]>
    Gesendet: Dienstag, 22. Dezember 2020 15:51
    An: Seidl, Thomas <[email blocked]>
    Betreff: great, it works! ---- tiny problem with home view [Problems]

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Richard Parslow on 22 Dec, 2020 09:37 PM

Splendid! Thanks for letting us know.

We have identified the cause of this error as a font selection issue and are working on a fix.

Happy Holidays – and enjoy the new Goalscape!

Richard

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Goalscape please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac