New goalscape update

alfaris

14 Nov, 2021 11:03 AM

hello, there is a new problem with this update..!
the lock button disappeared !! (Goal importance)
so I am unable to unlock the importance for goals, which male it impossible to add new neighbor goals!! or to edit the goal importance !!!
So I am not able to work at all !!

1. 1 Posted by alfaris on 14 Nov, 2021 11:06 AM

see the image below... the "Lock" button is not appear !! but the goal still locked !!!
    please help ASAP

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Richard Parslow on 14 Nov, 2021 12:54 PM

Hello Alfaris

Yes: we dropped the 'Lock' feature as it was causing errors when dragging goals around the goal map.

So although the Lock button is no longer available, you should be able to Unlock that goal by Moving it to a different parent, then moving it back. If you cannot do this by dragging your locked goal to a different parent, use the Cut and Paste options in the Goal Edit menu (3 dots at the top of the screen) or the right-click context menu.

NB You should not anyway have been able to lock ALL the goals in a set of neighbors (because that prevents adding any more subgoals on that parent or moving or deleting any existing ones). So if you somehow did manage to lock all the goals in a set of subgoals, please post again with the name of your project and the name of the parent goal on which you locked all the subgoals.

All the best

Richard

3. 3 Posted by alfaris on 14 Nov, 2021 01:34 PM

Hi,

1. The lock feature was very useful. I wish if you add it back.
      Regarding its effect on adding or dragging, you simply can show a pop up message which say that "there is a locked goal that prevent you from completing the request. please unlock it and try again." VERY SIMPLE.
      Actually this is what I expected from you, is to add a warning message, not to remove this useful feature.

The lock feature is very important! because it save you time when adding new goals. because adding new goals will damage all existing goals importance, which require you to repeat the job again to assign the importance level again and again,,,, very very bad !!
    please take it seriously.... :)

4. 4 Posted by alfaris on 14 Nov, 2021 01:36 PM

1. For your suggested solutions, kindly note that both drag and drop AND cut and paste both do not work properly in android mobile or tablet. !!
      I will do this from my PC for now.

But I hardly suggest to add THE LOCK feature back.
    It is really a problem to review all of your goals again and again when adding a new goal. THIS IS SERIOUS.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Richard Parslow on 14 Nov, 2021 01:46 PM

Hello Alfaris

Yes: we are working to reinstate the Lock feature: ideally it will work exactly as it already does in the current Goalscape Online, with all the relevant popup warnings.

Please note though that the current Goalscape 3.0 is not yet optimized for tablets and phones. So all the functionality described and referred to here is strictly to do with use on a desktop or laptop computer. We will let you know when you can test it on your android (or iOS) devices.

All the best

Richard

6. 6 Posted by alfaris on 14 Nov, 2021 01:48 PM

thanks a lot :)

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Richard Parslow on 15 Nov, 2021 04:14 PM

Hello Alfaris

Quick update: to overcome the issue with Locked goals not being unlockable, we will unlock all your locked goals on the server. When we reinstate the Lock Importance feature you will be able to lock those goals again, as required.

Thanks very much for drawing our attention to this issue so quickly: your prompt action means that we can help others to avoid hitting the same problem.

All the best as always

Richard

8. 8 Posted by alfaris on 15 Nov, 2021 05:47 PM

Thanks for help,
    This will help me much :)

Thanks

9. Support Staff 9 Posted by Richard Parslow on 17 Nov, 2021 05:25 PM

Hi Alfaris

As you may have noticed, we Unlocked all your Locked goals in all your projects.

We have also updated the software, reinstating the Lock Importance function.

Caveat: dragging or C&Ping Locked goals, or goals that have one or more Neighbor locked, or adding a new goal to a set of Neighbors of which one or more are locked, or Undoing any of these changes, may not work as expected. If anything looks odd to you after doing such a Move, Copy or Add (or Undoing a change), Refresh the browser page to load the latest version of your goalscape from the server.

Thanks again for drawing our attention to this unforeseen consequence! We are about to announce the new software, so it is important to ensure all our users can migrate to the new software as smoothly as possible – and transferring their existing goalscapes (some of which may have Locked goals) is an essential element of that process.

All the best as always

Richard

10. 10 Posted by alfaris on 17 Nov, 2021 05:46 PM

very good to have the lock button is available again? but I am not able to find it!

11. Support Staff 11 Posted by Richard Parslow on 18 Nov, 2021 01:41 AM

Sorry – that was premature (I was looking at the test rig when I wrote that!) We are in fact about to add the Lock Goal button back (the public release is imminent).

Cheers!

Richard

12. 12 Posted by alfaris on 18 Nov, 2021 02:33 PM

Okay, I will be waiting.

13. Support Staff 13 Posted by Richard Parslow on 18 Nov, 2021 03:54 PM

Hi Alfaris

With the latest updates to the web app we have reinstated the Lock Importance feature.

Please note that you may notice some errors when dragging or C&Ping Locked goals or otherwise changing Importances in a set of Neighbors (of which one or more are locked), or when Undoing any of these changes. So if anything looks odd to you after doing such a change, Refresh the browser page to load the latest version of your goalscape from the server.

All the best

Richard

14. 14 Posted by alfaris on 19 Nov, 2021 04:24 AM

Thanks, Really appreciate your actions.

Will the new goalscape have a Mobile app?

15. Support Staff 15 Posted by Richard Parslow on 19 Nov, 2021 04:33 AM

Hi Alfaris

Yes – unfortunately we had to release before we finished optimizing the app for mobile devices. Please bear with us: it's on our 'Next' Goal List!*

Best

Richard
    * See Marcus's new video here

16. 16 Posted by alfaris on 19 Nov, 2021 04:36 PM

thanks

17. Richard Parslow closed this discussion on 19 Nov, 2021 05:02 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Goalscape please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac