Unable to use report options and Goalscape help on desktop version

jelphd

04 Jan, 2019 03:05 PM

Hi,

I've run into a problems with both the report options and help functions. When I select File -> Export -> report options I cannot see the report option widows. If I hover over the Goalscape icon, it shows that report options page is there, but nothing I provides me with access to the report options. The reason I need it is to increase the paper size. When I pdf my image, 1/3 of it is cut off.

I have a similar problem with the Help -> Goalscape Help. In this case, it opens a small window that does not have any information. I attached png file to show the problem.

I'm working on a Surface Pro 2017, Windows 10, Goalscape 2.9.7, and AIR version 32.0.0.89.

Lastly, let me ask if you plan to create a 64-bit desktop version. My computer uses a 64-bit chip, and I like to have 64-bit software, where possible.

Thanks!

Jonathan

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Richard Parslow on 04 Jan, 2019 08:20 PM

Hello Jonathan

Sorry you have been having trouble using Goalscape Desktop on your Surface Pro.

1. From your description, the hidden Report Options screen may be a display issue: it may simply be 'hiding' behind the main application window (we have heard of this affecting similar 'popups' in other applications on the Surface Pro). So you may be able to reveal it by dragging the main application window down the screen (or to one side). Then you should be able to click on the Report Options screen and make your selections.

2. The issue you are having with the PDF image is different: even if you are generating it direct (using File > Export > Goal Map Vector Image (as PDF file), the image should fit the default paper size (A4). We are unable to reproduce the error you have reported, so it would be very useful if you could post the PDF image you generated (with '1/3 cut off').

3. The Help error could be a Flash issue – please ensure that you have the latest Adobe Flash Player installed. Please could you also confirm how the Help page (https://www.goalscape.com/help_full/GoalscapeHelpApp.html#) appears when you open it in your browser. It would also be useful to know how it opens for you when you click the '?' button in the web application Goalscape Online.

Once again I am sorry that you have trouble. Your answers here will be very helpful to us in identifying and fixing these errors.

All the best

Richard

2. 2 Posted by jelphd on 08 Jan, 2019 07:02 PM

Hi Richard,

I’ve made sure that Flash was updated as you suggested and here’s what I’ve found:

1. The Report Options will not show up on the screen. I’ve manually minimized all windows and manually moved the windows. Nothing allows me to get to the Report Options.
    2. The PDF image problem occurs when I use File -> Export -> PDF Document or Goal Map Vector Image (as PDF File). I’ve attached the two attempts. What works is to export it to Word.
    3. After updating Flash, nothing changes when I use the Help Page dropdown or click the question mark in the desktop version. However, I am able to get to Help from the web application and by using the link you provided. I’ve now bookmarked it so that I can access it directly from Chrome. I include a screen shot of this as well.

Just to summarize, I have workarounds for the Help and PDF problems, but the Report Options still causes trouble.

Thanks!

Jonathan

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Richard Parslow on 08 Jan, 2019 07:33 PM

Hello Jonathan

Thanks very much for the additional information. I confirm that we are investigating and we will post here with any news.

All the best

Richard

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Goalscape please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac