SAVING AND DELETING GOALS

CLYDE LINDSAY

07 Jan, 2019 08:32 PM

I have on about six occasions tried to save a goal. With no success. I create a new goal, modify it as I see fit, go to file and mark either save or save as and fI might just as well as wished for a second head. The project is not saved. I am left with only wasted time. I cannot recover the Goalscape if I close the program. I also cannot delete any goals. I find no way to completely delete any goal. There is a delete button, trash, under the down triangle at the top of the app, but that will not delete the entire goal, only a sub-goal.

How, exactly, can I save a goal so that it is actually saved? Permanently? How exactly, do I delete a goal so that it is gone? Permanently?

I have had Goalscape for a number of years, but only now amI trying to use it seriously. Simple actions, like men finding the goals done in the past, seem quite challenging, even though I know that things like finding and deleting goals cannot be that hard or else you would have been out of business quite a while ago.

Thank you for your assistance,

Clyde

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Richard Parslow on 07 Jan, 2019 10:42 PM

Hello Clyde

Sorry you have been having trouble – thanks for contacting us.

• Saving project files in Goalscape Desktop

In Goalscape Desktop all the software and data are on your local machine and the file handling works exactly as for any other desktop application, such as Word or Excel. So you certainly should be able to use File > Save or File > Save As to save your Desktop projects: they are stored as .gsp files on your hard drive (the default filename is the name of the main goal and the default directory is 'Documents').

If this is not working properly for you, the most likely cause is an issue with your local AIR environment. So the first thing to do is the 'uninstall and reinstall Adobe AIR and Goalscape Desktop fix': step-by-step instructions are on our Known Issues page.

Note that to uninstall AIR on a Mac you need to use the special 'Adobe AIR Uninstaller' app (this should be in Applications > Utilities).

If problems persist please post again with more details about exactly what happens when you click File > Save (or File > Save As), along with screenshots of how the Save window appears for you – and any error messages you see (and if there is a Details button please click it and C&P the full text here).

• Deleting projects

The 'Delete Goal' option in the Goal Edit menu (under the down arrow at the top of the screen), or in the right-click context menu, is to delete a goal in a project (and all its subgoals).

To delete a Goalscape Desktop project permanently, first Close it in your Goalscape Desktop workspace using File > Close (or just click the 'X' in its project tab). Then in Finder, find that project's .gsp file where you Saved it (probably somewhere under Documents) and drag it to Trash (or right-click it and select 'Move to Trash. Again, this is exactly how you would permanently Delete a Word document (.docx) or Excel spreadsheet (.xlsx) file.

• Search

You should be able to find your Goalscape Desktop projects (.gsp files) using Search in Finder. You can search by filename – or you can find all your saved projects by entering the string '.gsp' in the Search field.

The smart Search function in Goalscape Desktop itself will search all projects that are open in the workspace and find the search string anywhere it occurs, in: goal names, notes or comment text, Responsible names and Tags, names of any Attached files and even Goal Markers (if you enter 'red', 'amber' or 'green').

You can also use the Highlight Sidebar to filter your goals by Date, Responsibility or Tag – that effectively provides a visual display of all the goals in that project that match the selected criteria.

Keep achieving great goals in 2019!

Richard

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Goalscape please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac