GOalscape online

Jon Graham

18 Sep, 2020 03:46 AM

Hi I am using goalscape as a portal for clients to access information about child development. It has worked really well, but is now affected by the Flash problem. I have complaints coming in regularly and may need to abandon the use of Goalscape, Can you advise a work around?

How we have worked is that we have embedded a link to the Goalscape wheel within a subscriber side of our wordpress website. The complaints are that the Goalscape wheel will no longer load in Google chrome, MS Edge nor firefox.

ANy thoguhts you have much appreiated.

Jon

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Richard Parslow on 18 Sep, 2020 10:25 AM

Hello Jon

Thanks for contacting us about this.

I confirm that Flash still works in all those browsers – support is only being discontinued at the end of the year (31/12/20).

When your clients go to Goalscape Online, they will though need to click the Flash button then, in the popup that appears, click 'Allow'. See the attached screenshots for Firefox and Chrome. If anyone is not seeing the Flash button, it is because they have Blocked Flash in their browser Settings, so they will need to go back into Settings (or Preferences) to undo that block.

You will be pleased to know that we are indeed moving away from dependence on Flash and the browser. We are working flat out to develop Goalscape 3.0 as a fully cross-platform webapp, built using html5, Javascript and using the latest web technologies. We already have a working prototype and expect to have a beta version available soon – watch out for announcements.

If you can provide more details about how your paying subscribers can access the Goalscape project that you have embedded in your website we may be able to suggest another solution. Does the link allow those people to edit the project (ie you have Shared it with them all by username and given them Edit privileges), or do they simply View it (ie you have made the project Public in the Share screen so they can see it whether or not they have a Goalscape account)?

All the best – and stay safe

Richard

2. 2 Posted by Jon Graham on 03 Nov, 2020 10:25 PM

Hi Richard
    Thanks for your reply below. Our subscribers access the Goalscape wheel via our wordpress website. We have an add on called Learndash which is a student learning portal that allows for individual logins to training courses and resources like the GS Wheel. Site is wwww.iccfl.training

As I understand the issues we face, I can access the Goalscape wheel via the Goalscape login in and view with Flash enabled. However within our website when I try to open the wheel it occasionally opens but more often does not. We have tried it is google chrome and in MS Edge and have had the most success in Firefox. It does not appear to be about the installation and enabling of Flash. Could it be something else? We have about 100 or more users of the Wheel on our site and that number is growing.

We are keen to remove the need for flash. You said the beta version of Goalscape 3 is possibly available. Could we perhaps try that to see if it solves our problem?

Jon

Jon Graham
    Clinical Director ISDR
    www.isdr.com.au
    www.iccfl.training
    +61 405459535

************* Covid 19 Message ******************
    Please note that in response to Covid 19, my office is currently offering services by phone, email and online, EXCEPT IN CIRCUMSTANCES WHERE IN-ROOM SERVICE IS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY. In the circumstance where in-room services are provided, ISDR will follow industry requirements for safe service delivery.

For all services please contact me by email or at the phone number above. My websites contain further details and resources for families www.isdr.com.au and www.iccfl.training

If you require urgent assistance please contact police on 000, or LifeLine on 13114.

******************* Confidentiality Notice  *******************
    This e-mail is intended only to be read or used by the addressee.
    It is confidential and may contain information protected by Section 10H and 10J of the Family Law Act. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone, and you should destroy this message and kindly notify the sender by reply e-mail.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Richard Parslow on 08 Nov, 2020 02:19 PM

Hello Jon

Sorry for the delay in responding to your latest message (text below) – for some reason it did not appear on this discussion (this could be because you replied from a different email address – to prevent this happening in future you can Create a Profile on Tender, then you will be able to access and update all your discussions).

Goalscape Online itself works fine when the website https://connect.goalscape.com is accessed direct in any browser running Flash. Goalscape Online projects can be shared Privately with anyone, by entering their email address in the Share screen. That creates a new Goalscape Online Free user account for the new person, and they receive an invitation email with all the relevant links and other useful information.

From your description, it appears that some people are having trouble accessing a project that you have somehow embedded in your site and 'shared' with them outside the Goalscape system (ie without them having even a Goalscape Free user account). It is therefore likely that the issue is in the way the 'Learndash' portal itself is handling the project (or access to it), not in the Goalscape functionality itself, so I recommend that you contact Learndash support.

Of course if you run into any problems sharing your Goalscape Online project(s) in the standard way (ie using the Private or Public Share function), please first ensure that your invitees have the latest Flash Player installed and Enabled/Allowed in their browser; and if problems persist they can contact us direct with the details.

I confirm that we are about to release a new version of Goalscape Online that will indeed make it independent of Flash and the browser. We will let you know when there is a beta version for you to try.

Note though that the new version of Goalscape Online will be an app that you install on the local machine to access your Online projects (which are still on our secure servers). You will of course still be able to share projects privately with others (and they will still be able to Edit 1 shared project and View an unlimited number of additional shared projects as Free users); they will though need to use the Goalscape Online app to do so – and since project access will no longer be via a webpage (as it is now), this may affect your ability to share your projects in your Learndash portal.

Remember too that when you Share your projects using the Goalscape Share feature, once your clients have a Free user account, they may want to use Goalscape for other projects – and if they want to purchase a Goalscape Online Unlimited subscription they can do so through you, if you become a Goalscape Affiliate or Value Added Reseller (VAR). If you would like to know more about our Affiliate Program and VAR deals just let me know.

Keep achieving great goals – and stay safe

Richard

'Lost' Message text

Subject: RE: GOalscape online [Problems]

Hi Richard

Thanks for your reply below. Our subscribers access the Goalscape wheel via our wordpress website. We have an add on called Learndash which is a student learning portal that allows for individual logins to training courses and resources like the GS Wheel. Site is wwww.iccfl.training

As I understand the issues we face, I can access the Goalscape wheel via the Goalscape login in and view with Flash enabled. However within our website when I try to open the wheel it occasionally opens but more often does not. We have tried it is google chrome and in MS Edge and have had the most success in Firefox. It does not appear to be about the installation and enabling of Flash. Could it be something else? We have about 100 or more users of the Wheel on our site and that number is growing.

We are keen to remove the need for flash. You said the beta version of Goalscape 3 is possibly available. Could we perhaps try that to see if it solves our problem?

Jon

4. Richard Parslow closed this discussion on 11 Nov, 2020 01:26 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Goalscape please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac