New on-line App for Windows

Lucy Hurst-Brown

28 Aug, 2021 10:07 AM

I have not been able to use Goalscape on my windows laptop since I have been required to download the new on line app. I have tried deleting it and reinstalling many times. I go through all the set up steps but at the end when it launches all I get is the icon and a blank window. Can someone help please. I love Goalscape and like to use it a lot and am going crazy, not to mention the fact that I am paying for it but cannot use it.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Richard Parslow on 28 Aug, 2021 10:33 AM

Hello Lucy

Sorry you are still having trouble – this looks like a duplicate of your previous discussion here: https://goalscape.tenderapp.com/discussions/problems/20532-new-on-l....

Here is the text of our reply:

I confirm that Goalscape Online is working fine in all our tests and we have not heard from anyone else having a problem, so we should be able to have you up and running again very soon.

From your description, the most likely culprit is a firewall setting that is preventing the Goalscape Online app from connecting with the server. If you are using a corporate LAN, please ask your IT support to check the firewall settings for Allowed/Disabled apps and ensure Goalscape Online is Allowed. Otherwise, if you are using a personal firewall, the quickest way to check is to turn off the firewall, then try using the Goalscape Online app: if it works, you can turn on the firewall again, then find and change the relevant setting.

If you are not using a firewall, or if turning it off makes no difference, please post again with the following details:

• Version of the Goalscape Online app installed (from Goalscape Online > About).

• A screenshot of the whole application window – in Windows you can use the Snipping Tool, then paste the image into Paint, save the image file and attach it to your email Reply (or post it here using the 'Choose file' button below the Reply field).

• Whether you installed 'for Everyone' or 'Only for me'. If you cannot remember which installation option you chose, or if you may have used different options on different installations, please let us know that as well.

Please follow the steps described; and if the issue is not with your firewall, please send us the relevant details – we will send you the instructions to clear your registry for a full 'clean' reinstall.

All the best

Richard

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Goalscape please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac