3.0 Beta Bugs with Colors + Request for shortcuts

KrisD

14 Oct, 2021 01:57 PM

I'm using the online Goalscape beta and noticed two issues:

1) Colors: After right-click > click Color Subgoals, nothing happens (no pop-up or action). It took me awhile to figure out that, alternatively, the sub-goals can be colored by clicking the paintbrush next to the title of the (sub)goal. However, I would like to be able to color the (sub)goals using right-click.
1b) Bug: "Apply to subgoals" doesn't work (from the title paintbrush method of applying colors)
1c) Color options: I love the new color schemes and that there are more colors available.

2) Shortcuts:
2a) Add neighbors/subgoals: Please bring back the shortcuts to add neighbors (shift+cmd(mac)/ctrl(pc)+G) and subgoals (cmd(mac)/ctrl(pc)+G). I use these all the time in Goalscape Online Desktop and they save a lot of time so I don't have to point and click. I miss the shortcuts in the beta version.
2b) Undo: Like in the Online Desktop version, please also add back in the ability to undo (cmd/ctrl+Z) the last action from the keyboard, whatever it is.

Thanks.

Using Firefox 93.0 on mac running 10.15.7 MacOS Catalina.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Richard Parslow on 14 Oct, 2021 05:13 PM

Hello Kris

Thanks very much for taking the time to send us your feedback; sorry for the delay in responding.

1. You are right: that 'Apply to subgoals' option should be with the Goal Color selection. In the next update it will be in the main Color Themes/Color Goal menu (see screenshot); we may replicate them both in the right-click menu later.

2. Yes: we certainly intend to include the hotkey shortcuts for Add Subgoal, Add Neighbor, Cut, Copy, etc.

3. Ctrl+/cmd+ Z is already implemented as the 'Undo' shortcut, both for changes to the goal structure (Add, Delete, Move Goal, change Importance, Progress, etc) and for text input, deletion and format changes in the Notes field. Redo using Ctrl+/cmd+ Y also works. If it is not working for you, please let us know the actions to which it does not apply in your environment.

We are adding new features and making tweaks to the UI all the time and we are about to issue another set of updates...

All the best

Richard

2. 2 Posted by KrisD on 15 Oct, 2021 09:36 PM

Hi Richard,

Thank you.

Wrt (1): It would be great if you include the colors in the right-click menu in the future updates. Thanks!

Regarding the shortcuts in (3). I'm using Firefox 93.0 on a mac running 10.15.7. When I create a new goal or create a neighbor, I am only able to undo or redo using the arrows at the top of the menu. cmd+Z results in nothing happening and cmd+Y brings up a Library history menu in Firefox.

I also tested writing text in a goal, coloring a goal, etc. and I can similarly only undo/redo using the menu and not the cmd+Z/Y shortcuts. On my computer/browser there is no shortcut undo/redo functionality in Firefox (though I have no issue with this in the Desktop version).

I texted the same actions in Google Chrome 94.0.4606.81 and got the same results (no functionality with shortcuts cmd+Z/Y), with the exception that when I typed the name of a subgoal and was still in the subgoal box, cmd+Z deleted one letter at a time. However, after I pressed enter, the name of the subgoal would not revert back to the previous name using cmd+Z as it did with the menu undo buttons.

Best,
    Kristen

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Richard Parslow on 15 Oct, 2021 09:55 PM

Hello Kris

Thanks for the extra details – we will try to reproduce the cmd+ Z issue in both Firefox and Chrome on Mac and investigate.

Richard

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Goalscape please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac