sharing/collaborating

Antt

06 Aug, 2010 02:22 PM

You have created an excellent tool. some questions?

How can I let other users see/work on the goalscape?

How strong security system is there to avoid unwanted eyes to see it?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Richard Parslow on 06 Aug, 2010 04:31 PM

Hello Antti

Thanks very much for your positive feedback!

If you are using Goalscape Connect you can share your goalscapes with others simply by sending them the web address. If you have checked the 'public goalscape' box, your contacts will be able to see (and edit) the goalscape without signing in; if you have not, they will need to register for a free preview account to access the goalscape.

Right now there is only "security through obscurity" - that is, people are extremely unlikely to guess the URLs of your goalscapes. On the other hand anyone who has the web address of a goalscape can create an account and read and update the goalscape (even if it is not 'public').

Of course we will implement improved access permissions before we launch Goalscape Connect as a commercial product. In the meantime you must be careful how you share the web addresses of your your goalscapes in Goalscape Connect!

All the best

Richard

2. Richard Parslow closed this discussion on 06 Aug, 2010 04:31 PM.

3. Antti Kosunen re-opened this discussion on 23 Aug, 2010 07:55 AM

4. 2 Posted by Antti Kosunen on 23 Aug, 2010 07:55 AM

when will the goalscape become a commercial product? There are some bugs still, but since the basic idea works, I'll continue using it and will also recommend it to others. If I want to use it on my computer(s) as well as over the net, what do I need to buy and when?

Best, Antti

PS. I am a former CEO of a public performance measurement software company (balaced scorecard etc.) and very active mind map user... and in my view you have done something very simple and excellent.

-----Original Message-----
    From: Richard Parslow [mailto:tender+d1f02e3397b0564470a47acd3ce31b1813626521c=[email blocked]] On Behalf Of Richard Parslow
    Sent: 6. elokuuta 2010 19:34
    To: [email blocked]
    Subject: Re: sharing/collaborating [Questions]

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Richard Parslow on 23 Aug, 2010 11:15 AM

Hello again Antti

Thanks – we appreciate your feedback very much. As the word spreads about Goalscape, we are receiving more and more great reviews from performance measurement and information visualization experts like you.

We are just completing the enhanced access controls that are essential for a commercial release of Goalscape Connect. This will allow you to share your online goalscapes privately with any other account holder without sending them the URL: the next time they sign in, they will simply see the newly-shared goalscape in their open projects. You will still be able to share your 'public' goalscapes with anyone (even those without a Goalscape Connect account) by sending them the URL.

Goalscape Connect is generating tremendous interest and we already have a few hundred users on free 'preview' accounts. We anticipate a commercial release some time in the next month – and we will of course notify all users in plenty of time to avoid any data loss. Remember too that you can download 'snapshots' of your online goalscapes (.gsp files) as a backup. You can use the standalone Goalscape Desktop software to open and edit these files (or to create new ones) when you are offline, then upload them to Goalscape Connect later.

You can download the free trial of Goalscape Desktop here. The perpetual single-user license costs €89, which includes full support and free updates for life. It also allows you to install the software on two different machines so you can use it at work and at home.

When you buy Goalscape Desktop you will be able to activate the trial software by entering your existing Goalscape Connect username and password at the Welcome screen. We will issue an email receipt but no duplicate registration confirmation.

If there is anything else you need to know, please post again.

Enjoy the journey!

Richard

6. Richard Parslow closed this discussion on 23 Aug, 2010 11:15 AM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Goalscape please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac