Users

Bob

20 Jan, 2015 02:34 PM

Hi. I am considering buying it but I have a question. How can I have one admin and a couple of users and use the connect version? I'm still on my trial version but it won't let me set up a user with editing privileges.

Thanks.

Bob

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Richard Parslow on 20 Jan, 2015 03:08 PM

Hello Bob

Thanks for your inquiry.

Goalscape Connect is ideal for those working in teams on shared projects (see attached pdf).

Note that everyone involved needs his or her own account: your colleagues can register for the free trial here (as you did). Alternatively you can create a GSC trial account on their behalf by entering their email address there – if you do so you should warn them to look out for the registration email. Once they have accounts you can share projects with them privately by username (email address), giving them Admin, Edit or View access.

We are planning to provide a slicker way for people to invite new users to collaborate on private projects simply by entering an email address in the Share screen.

You can also make Goalscape Connect projects public, in which case you can give anyone View access by sending them the project URL. Although this is of course not as secure as private sharing, it does provide 'security through obscurity' (since the URL is difficult to guess and is unlikely to be trawled by bots or spiders).

If there is anything else you need to know please post again.

Enjoy the journey!

Richard

2. 2 Posted by Bob Acton on 21 Jan, 2015 02:55 PM

Thanks. Just so I fully understand, if we use the Connect version, each person on my team would need to pay for a year's usage in order to be able to edit the project. Right?

Bob

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Richard Parslow on 21 Jan, 2015 03:13 PM

Hi Bob

Yes: everyone needs his or her own account. Note though that only those who need to be able to update your shared projects will need paid subscriptions. Those who only need to read the projects can register for the trial and simply allow it to lapse: after that they will still be able to navigate and View their projects (and any shared with them); they will not however be able to Edit them.

We do a scale of discounts for multiple sales, starting at 10% for 5 user accounts – if you tell us the likely number of users we will send you a full proposal by direct email.

Enjoy the journey!

Richard

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Goalscape please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac