export to docx

Jerry Silberman

19 May, 2015 01:55 PM

Hello,

I'm trying to export a goalscape to a microsoft word format. The wheel graphic is displayed, along with the boxes of each of the sub goals. The table of contents does not export - instead there is this note on the Word file:

Table of Contents
Please update Table of Contents

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

thanks,

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Richard Parslow on 19 May, 2015 02:49 PM

Hello Jerry

Welcome aboard! Sorry you have been having trouble.

In Goalscape Desktop when you click File > Export > DOCX Document you should be offered a Save window to save the DOCX to a directory on your hard drive. After the save has completed, the document should open in its native application (depending on your OS settings).

The exported document comprises a Title page (with the name of the project, the date of the export and the goal map image), a Contents listing and the Goal Details. To see the Contents you need to right-click the 'Please update Table of Contents' message and select the 'Update field' option (see attached screenshot).

The goal details should appear anyway – whether or not you update the ToC. The listing starts on the page following the ToC (so you may just need to scroll down).

If this is not working for you, please post again with:

• A copy of the GSP file for your project and the exported DOCX file. If the project contains confidential information we can sign any NDA you may require.

• Confirmation of whether the issue is occurring in Goalscape Desktop or Goalscape Connect

• Your Operating System and version

• For Goalscape Desktop, the installed versions of Goalscape Desktop and Adobe AIR (you can see both if you mouseover the 'Goalscape Desktop' logo at top left)

• For Goalscape Connect issues, the browser (and version) you are using and the installed version of Adobe Flash Player (you can see this if you mouseover the 'Goalscape Connect' logo at top left)

All the best

Richard

2. 2 Posted by Jerry Silberman on 19 May, 2015 06:33 PM

Richard,

I'm very sorry - that worked perfectly - thank you! By the way, I've been looking for a product to track and prioritize goals for years and I can't believe I finally found one - exactly what I was looking for and a beautiful interface - thanks again!

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Richard Parslow on 19 May, 2015 07:21 PM

Splendid! Thanks for letting us know – and for the great feedback.

Enjoy the journey

Richard

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Goalscape please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac