License

donal

24 Jan, 2017 01:25 PM

Hello,

I have just bought the desktop version and am loving it. I have installed in my work office computer and my home computer. However, I would like to install on my take-away-on-trips computer. Is there a way of purchasing a license for three computers? (As opposed to buying desktop again for an additional two).

Thanks for your time

Donal

1. 1 Posted by donal on 24 Jan, 2017 02:00 PM

actually I mean buy just one more license. :)

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Richard Parslow on 24 Jan, 2017 02:52 PM

Hello Donal

Welcome aboard – thanks for the great feedback!

Your Goalscape Desktop lifetime single-user license allows you to install and activate the software on ONE machine at a time. When you upgrade your equipment you can transfer the license to a new computer; when you do so, the previous installation will be de-activated automatically. So although you can use Goalscape Desktop on multiple machines, you will need to re-activate each installation every time you switch machines.

Because of the way activations are registered it is not possible to add more activations to your existing account: if you wish to purchase additional Goalscape Desktop licenses you will need to do so using different email addresses. Note though that Goalscape Desktop is not intended to be used in this way: if you want to work on the same projects on multiple machines you have to transfer the .gsp files between computers (and do your own version control when you do so). You also need to share any Attachment files separately (they are not stored as part of the .gsp file, but are implemented as links to the attached file's location on the local hard drive).

By far the best way to use Goalscape on multiple machines is to use the web application Goalscape Online – that is part of the reason we developed it (as well as providing support for real time multi-user access to allow people to work in teams on shared projects).

Your Goalscape Desktop license includes a free Goalscape Online Unlimited 6-month subscription, so you can sign in here with your Goalscape credentials and create (or upload) an unlimited number of projects of unlimited size and access them using any major browser on any computer. See the attached pdf summary and screenshot of the upload/download buttons in Goalscape Online.

You can still download your online projects to work on them in Goalscape Desktop when you are offline. Note though that if you do that, then re-upload your amended project, it will create a new instance of that project in Goalscape Online, so you will need to do your own version control (tip: add a datestamp to the main goal name). If you share any projects with other users in Goalscape Online the shared online version should always be the 'master'.

Even though you have already activated Goalscape Desktop we are happy to switch your recent purchase from a Goalscape Desktop license to a Goalscape Online Unlimited 12-month subscription (priced at $66) – and we will even waive the additional fee. Please post again to confirm whether you would like us to do this for you.

All the best

Richard

3. 3 Posted by donal on 24 Jan, 2017 03:06 PM

That makes sense, actually. I am a bit old school in that sense and like to have everything locally. However, your offer is very generous and yes, I'd like to switch. What do I have to do? I have already signed up for the 6 month subscription so I guess I use the same login and password?

Thanks again for a swift reply and great solution.

Donal

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Richard Parslow on 24 Jan, 2017 06:41 PM

Hi Donal

Good call! OK we have switched your account from the Goalscape Desktop license to a Goalscape Online Unlimited 12-month subscription (valid to 23/1/18).

For ethical reasons(!) it is not possible for us to transfer customers from a one-time payment plan to a recurring billing plan. So 2 weeks before your subscription expires you will receive an email reminder, at which point you can purchase a new Goalscape Online Unlimited subscription for just $6 per month or $66 per year on our website.

Please uninstall Goalscape Desktop from any machines on which you have activated it.

May you achieve great goals!

Richard

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Goalscape please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac