Flexible colouring

Helen

31 Aug, 2017 09:03 AM

Hi, I'm trying out your software. It's great for visualising. A suggestion would be flexible colouring. I would like to use several colours in one chart, to divide sections visually. However, I can't currently do this.
Also, suggestions for compatability. Aeon timeline software. You guys should get together. the resulting would be stunning if I was able to push information between the two. Compatability with the main writing softwares Final Draft and Scrivener would also be extremely useful to any writers.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Richard Parslow on 31 Aug, 2017 12:04 PM

Hello Helen

We are glad you like Goalscape – thanks very much for taking the time to post your feedback here.

1. You can indeed apply colours to goals: use the Goal Edit menu (for the selected goal) or the right-click context menu option. The default colour scheme is to allow selection and customisation of the 'theme' (Background, Highlight and Header) with the selected Goal Colour applied to the goal border and name in the goal map. To apply the Goal Colour to the whole slice, click the 'cog' button at top right to open the Settings screen, then select the 'Full fill goal colouring' option. We are considering offering a full colour 'palette' for goal slices (as for the Background, Highlight and Header options available under the standard goal colouring option).

If I have misunderstood what you are asking here, please post again to clarify what you mean by 'flexible' colouring (an annotated screenshot or mockup would be helpful).

2. Thanks for the suggestion We are looking at various options to integrate Goalscape with third party tools, probably using Zapier.

In the meantime you may be able to use Goalscape's Reporting function to export/download project data in CSV format (or, for writing, DOCX), which you can then import into the third-party tools you mention.

We are also about to release a new 'CSV Import' function that will allow you to import data in a CSV file (with the appropriate column headers and order) to generate a Goalscape project from that data.

If you are writing books, scripts or screenplays you may be interested in Andrew Wetmore's article Goalscaping a script, in which he describes how he uses Goalscape to work out the overall structure and its component acts and scenes – with colour-coding and clever use of the Highlight feature.

Others who work in the creative industries tell us that Goalscape's visual format is a great benefit for sharing goals and projects with all those involved. Not only is it explicitly goal-oriented (which supports intrinsic motivation and focus), but everyone can see what they need to do, how it contributes to the project and how much they are achieving as a team.

Please post again if you have any more ideas – or any questions.

Enjoy the journey!

Richard

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Richard Parslow on 07 Oct, 2017 01:00 PM

Hi Helen

Quick follow-up on the last question in your post here: as you may have noticed, we have now delivered the 'Import CSV' feature we discussed.

For more information (and a How-To video) see our blog article. The full requirements for the CSV source file are in our Knowledge Base.

Keep achieving great goals!

Richard

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Goalscape please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac