Monitoring of time and progress simultaneously

MarcinO

07 Feb, 2018 05:00 PM

For me, two goalscapes files are needed for full functionality.
One to control overall progress (simplified). The second to control progress over time. Look at attachments. Otherwise, it is somehow incomplete. I know that there are dates etc. but somehow they do not work for me. Unfortunately they are not automatically connected (first and second) but for me it is still the best way to monitor your progress.
What do you think?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Richard Parslow on 07 Feb, 2018 05:50 PM

Hello Marcin

Thanks for your suggestion – it appears to be similar to your previous one [here]t(https://goalscape.tenderapp.com/discussions/suggestions/23297-goal-...). I confirm that we may introduce some such functionality in Goalscape Enterprise.

It is though quite complicated and we are unlikely to roll it out in the standard Goalscape. We are keenly aware of the dangers of 'feature creep' – especially those that are of interest to a very few people (you are the only person who has ever requested this feature).

Goalscape is the best way to display a goal hierarchy in a clear, simple visual format that anyone can understand at a glance – and use to gain great benefits very quickly, without training or even a user guide. It represents the 3 major elements in any project: the goals, their relative importance (or priority) and progress made in each area. You can see at a glance what you need to focus on at any point in time: it's any large area that isn't being filled in!

Since it is essentially goal-oriented it supports motivation ('eyes on the prize'), team bonding and focus.

You can set Start and Due dates on any goal, then use the Highlight Sidebar to filter your goals by Date, Responsibility and Tag (or any combination of these attributes). Use the Goal List feature to see a list of goals that match your filter selections: you can produce specific goal lists for time period – and by person Responsible.

You could Goalscape to display a 'circular calendar' (as shown in your second screenshot) – as long as you still have the same tasks you can check them off as complete and that will give you your progress in each month. Note though that if you use that system, it will mean that you are only ever working on 1 section (time period) at a time; so the overall display (which also includes all the sections that you are not working on right now) is less informative.

Thanks again for taking the time to post here – we always listen to our customers and your input directly affects our development projects and priorities.

Keep achieving great goals!

Richard

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Goalscape please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac