Feature Request: "custom units"

Andreas

12 May, 2018 04:45 PM

Feature Request: "custom units"
I want to use absolute values and custom units (e.g. dollar, hours, days) for Progress and Priority.
I read some discussions on similar feature requests and the usual answer was that goalscape is goal management and not a task tracking app.
Nevertheless I would like to see "custom units" in the feature because currently the goal progress tracking is somewhat inpreciese and could be better.
Other than that I very much like the app and the graphical use of the sunburst graph.
Best wishes, Andreas

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Richard Parslow on 12 May, 2018 11:00 PM

Hello Andreas

Thanks for your suggestion.

We have already introduced custom units in our corporate product Goalscape Enterprise (as a new 'goal variables' function that allows users to define additional attributes and formulae to calculate them).

We are considering introducing a new 'Goalscape Plus' product, with other Goalscape Enterprise business features like Gantt View and per-goal sharing, to be available as an upgrade. Watch out for announcements...

All the best

Richard

2. 2 Posted by Andreas Wittman... on 13 May, 2018 07:02 AM

Thanks for your quick reply. That’s good news. 
    I could find in the discussions that the Goalscape Plus product is planned since 2015 already (https://goalscape.tenderapp.com/discussions/questions/61387-goalscape-plus-product).
    Do you have any idea about the timeframe?

Best regards,

Andreas
    Am 13.05.2018 um 01:00 schrieb Richard Parslow <[email blocked]>:

// Please reply above this line
    ==================================================
    Subject: Feature Request: "custom units"

Hello Andreas

Thanks for your suggestion.

We have already introduced custom units in our corporate product **Goalscape Enterprise** (as a new 'goal variables' function that allows users to define additional attributes and formulae to calculate them).

We are considering introducing a new 'Goalscape Plus' product, with other Goalscape Enterprise business features like Gantt View and per-goal sharing, to be available as an upgrade. Watch out for announcements...

All the best

Richard

View this discussion at our support site online: https://goalscape.tenderapp.com/discussions/suggestions/23656-feature-request-custom-units

---

Reply with #ignore to stop receiving notifications for this discussion.
  3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Richard Parslow on 13 May, 2018 06:27 PM

Hello Andreas

We use agile development, so our schedule is inherently flexible and we do not publish a roadmap or indicate delivery dates for specific features or new products until we are testing them immediately prior to release.

Enjoy the journey!

Richard

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Goalscape please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac