Absolute values for Importance of the main goal

th.saclier

17 Oct, 2018 10:04 AM

I would greatly appreciate if i could use absolute values for Importance of the main goal and for subgoals (beside percentages).
That could be a proper way to manage budgets or times.

Best Regards,
Tara

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Richard Parslow on 17 Oct, 2018 12:42 PM

Hello Tara

Thanks very much for your suggestion.

In our corporate product Goalscape Enterprise we have implemented a 'goal variables' feature that allows you to input absolute values and other variables – and even apply functions to those variables.

We are considering rolling out some of the Goalscape Enterprise 'business' features (including absolute values) in a new Goalscape Plus product, to be available as an upgrade to Goalscape Online. In the meantime you can use a spreadsheet application to calculate the relevant percentages – or attach a separate Budget spreadsheet (or link to an online version) in the relevant goal.

Regarding time management, remember that Goalscape is really a visual goal management solution, rather than a task (or time) management tool. Emmett Lazich discusses using Goalscape in conjunction with other tools in his article Getting Things Done – with or without Dates.

Keep achieving great goals!

Richard

2. 2 Posted by th.saclier on 17 Oct, 2018 02:35 PM

Hello Richard,
    I think that they are a lot of Goalscape users who want to upgrade to this Goalscape Plus Product.
    And for my part I'm waiting for it since end of 2015.

So could you advice us of a release date.

Best Regards,
    Tara

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Richard Parslow on 17 Oct, 2018 09:34 PM

Hello Tara

Thanks for the feedback.

We use agile development and do not give delivery dates for new features or products. I can only tell you that we may release Goalscape Plus next year; it could though be the year after that.

All the best

Richard

4. 4 Posted by th.saclier on 18 Oct, 2018 06:55 PM

Hello Richard,

I consider two ways to achieve this new feature i need.

Solution 1
The main goal could have an importance different from 100% (80% or 2500% for instance) with a value defined in the drop down menu by the user.
    I think that this new feature could be easily implemented in Goalscape because it doesn't change the data structure.

Solution 2
An absolute value could be attributed to the main goal and resultant absolute values to the subgoals.

This upgrade will greatly facilitate users to arbitrate between different solutions to achieve goals in a constrained budget or in a constrained time schedule.

I've joined a goalscape type illustrating my concern, and two XLSX files illustrating a CSV export for the two solutions I've described.

Best Regards,
    Tara

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Richard Parslow on 18 Oct, 2018 10:23 PM

Hello Tara

Thanks very much for that follow-up.

We will certainly bear your suggestion in mind in any implementation of support for absolute values. We always listen to our customers and the feedback here directly affects our development plans.

All the very best

Richard

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Goalscape please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac